Chapter 2

It's been about a 5 months since that happened. Since the first time I met the most amazing 7 boys anybody could've ever met. Im getting along real good by myself. They still don't know I'm a runaway even though they've asked countless times where I lived and about my family. I felt bad lying to them but I don't need anyone tryin' to take care of me now. I've been staying in this old abandoned house where nobody really goes and I've been going to school every day with Ponyboy and Johnny. I've been saving up a lot of money to keep my self fed and for some clothes and other accessories I need. When I need to shower or clean up I go over to the Curtis'. Darry doesn't seem to mind that I'm over there because when I am over there I help him clean up and things like that. I just tell him my parents are arguing. They understand because of Johnny and his situation. I'm handling myself pretty well, I can say.

The only thing is, is that I fell in love with Dallas Winston. I fell in love with him the first time I met him but I didn't know at the time. I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to care because if I did it just wouldn't turn out pretty. Especially being in love with the "bad ass" of the town. Not only that, but he was on and off with that girl Sylvia. I never talked about Dallas with any of the guys. I was too afraid Dally would find out and start acting weird. Not even Sodapop knows and he's my closest friend out of them all. It's hard to keep this big of a secret because you keep everything bottled inside and eventually it will blow up and probably at the wrong time. And not only that if I even brought up that I'm sweet on Dallas Winston I would never hear the end of it with them. But, that's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about things changing between Dally and I because I know he would never love me back, let alone like me. He's Dallas Winston the "badass". Why would he even think about me in any other way. It kills me to know that I'm in love with him and I can't do anything about it. And, It doesn't help that he's one the biggest flirts.

"Lucy, which flannel do you think looks better? The red one? Or the red and blue one?" Sodapop asked breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Mmmm I don't know the red one" I asked.

"Okay thanks" he said checking the clock

"Shit, it's almost 7 I have to go pick up Sandy." He said walking around the room trying to see if he's gonna forget something

"Sodapop you didn't forget anything! Just go!" I yelled at him

"Okay see you later." He said running out of the door. Five seconds later he came back

"I forgot to tell you, thanks for getting Sandy to go out with me" he said and kissed me on my cheek and ran out. I followed as he ran out the door

"Have fun!" I shouted as he was hopping the fence in the front yard

"Thanks again Lucy" Soda shouted back as he got into the car. I walked in and jumped on the couch next to Two-Bit while he was watching Mickey Mouse. All of a sudden he was drenched with beer.

"LUCY!!" He yelled at me. I jumped up and started laughing

"You better quit laughing and get this cleaned up." He shouted at me. I couldn't help but laugh and before I knew it he was on me tickling me with his drenched t-shirt dripping on my face. Everybody in the gang knew I was ticklish on my sides and they used that against me every time.

"Okay Two-Bit!!" I said with his name coming out as a scream. I pleaded him to stop.

"Not until you say sorry!" He said

"Okay, okay sorry!!" I yelled. He stopped and as soon as he got off I wiped my face from all the beer.

"Dammit Two-Bit now I have beer all on my face" I said laughing.