Chapter 2

Aella

It’s been about a week after my brother came home and gave me Haley and you can really start to see her growing. It defiantly did take long for her to get use to me; she even shared a dislike of my brother. It was funny that every time he came in the room Haley would growl and bark like a crazy dog.

Anyway I went into the forest more often now but every time I tried to go deeper into it then I have all already gone two or three wolves would try and turn me back. I have started to think that it must be where the rest of their pack was. In total there was five wolves I constantly saw there was a dark brown with cream tips of his ears and belly, his eyes were a chocolaty brown, there was a smaller male he was covered in many different shades of grey and he had these bright blue eyes. There was also a red coloured wolf he had stormy grey eyes and there was a dark grey wolf his eyes seemed to be a mix of green and blue. The fifth wolf was one I first saw he was a very dark brown, black coloured fur was all though his coat. He has a white marking on his forehead and his eyes are a bright, golden yellow in colour.

Like today right now I was making my way home from such an encounter with the very dark brown he was such a sweet wolf you would never think he was wild but he was I had seen him hunting  and a few days before that we came across a new wolf they got viscous fast. So there was nothing tame about them.

I heard a branch cark and I spun around to see if I could find what it was that was following me. I felt the hair on the back of my neck raised up. Something was wrong and whatever was following had no good intentions. So I did what anyone would do, I ran. Worst decision I could ever have made. I look behind me to see a tawny coloured wolf chasing and without knowing it my speed picked up.

I was running faster than a normal human could run in fact I was running faster than the tawny wolf, I stopped my run at this thought and froze. “What I’m I” I whispered to myself.

With that I started running very fast back home. “MUM, DAD I’M BEING CHASED BY A WOLF” I yelled at them.

I watched as they ran out of the house looking for me then when they saw how fast I was running they open the door “Get inside now Aella” my dad called to me, so I angled myself so I ran in the door and up the stairs to my room.

I heard the down stairs door slam shut and feet pounding up to my room.

I sat down on my bed freaking out. I looked about my room then reached my shaking hand out to take the reddish brown wolf figure from my bedside table and held it close. She reminded me of a faint memory of a reddish brown wolf I had called chestnut. At least that’s what I thought, and then a sudden pain shot though my head as I felt something trying to break into it from inside my mind. Then as if it felt defended it stopped slowly.

Aella be strong and remember what you are

A voice said in my head before I was once again swamped with pain as what ever had been in my mind was forcefully pulled from my head.

“Aella wake up we have to get out of here were being attacked” a males voice said I shook my head and put the pillow over my head.

“GET UP NOW” the guy yelled and I jumped out of my bed to stand by the bed. Then I realised it was Desmond who had been talking “Desmond I really hate you” I said before running to get changed into some jeans and a T-shirt. When I walked out of my closet mum and dad were in the room with Desmond and Haley my puppy.

I frowned “what is going on” I asked them.

“We are under attack from the wolf pack that lives here” my farther said.

“Wolves but their wild animals” I said confused now about everything.

“Not just wolves girl werewolves just like that five you have been hanging out with” Desmond growled then he spoke more softly “Haley remember what we agreed”