Part 2

They walked inside the mess hall and John followed them to an eight person table that three other guys were already sitting at.

"Hey guys, this is John. He's a first year we saved from orientation. John this is Mike Tuff, Chris Quincy, and Paul Howard." Philip pointed to each guy as he introduced them. Mike was about John's height, thin with dark skin. Chris was shorter, although not as short as Sam, and Hispanic. Paul was about as tall as Damion with a shadow of a not quite growing mustache on his upper lip.

"Hey John," Chris got up and shook John's hand. "How old are you?"

"15" John shook the other two's hands and sat between Philip and Mike as Damion sat next to Paul with Sam sitting next to Damion.

"Why didn't you come last year?"

"Well I didn't hear about it until this year. Besides, I was kinda forced to come anyways."

"Oh yeah? Why's that?"

John debated on telling them the truth but figured telling them that he got caught stealing might not sound too good, so instead he opted for, "My parents took a trip but didn't want to take me."

"So if you didn't go to orientation then you didn't hear about Eddy Midgley." Sam was audibly excited as he said this.

"Who's Eddy Midgley?"

"Damion tell him the story. You tell it the best." Sam nudged Damion quickly in the ribs with his elbow as he said this. Damion batted his arm away.

"Jesus dude, did you take your pills this morning? Fine, everyone listen up." Damion cleared his throat and turned serious as he began the story.