Part 4

The table was silent for a good few seconds.

"Wow." Sam broke the silence, "That still gets me."

"Wait, that's not real though, right?" John couldn't believe the story he had just heard. "There's no creature in the lake that could eat someone. That's not possible"

"Depends on who you ask," Damion sat back in his seat, "There are some people who will swear on their lives that the Greystone monster is real. And every year there is at least one person who claims to see it."

Before John could refute it any more a woman's voice came on over the loudspeakers.

"Good morning campers! I would like to start by giving a very warm welcome to those of you who are joining our group for the first time." A cheer was heard from outside, "For those of you who don't know, my name is Mrs. Redfur. I will be your head counselor. I would also like to welcome back all our previous campers who came back for another awesome summer." A significantly less enthusiastic cheer came from outside. "At this time we ask everyone to proceed to your designated cabins and unpack all of your stuff. We will start serving lunch at 12:30 and our welcome ceremony will begin at four o'clock. I hope everyone's ready for a fun, rocking summer here at camp Greystone."

John looked at his watch, it read 11:57am.

"Man," exclaimed Sam, "We missed breakfast."

"Lunch is in less than an hour. You'll live." Damion got up and gathered his bags. The rest of the guys followed suit.

"Hey guys, what cabin are you in?" Philip pulled out his paper.

"B4" Sam said, trying to look at Damion's paper.

"Hey me too." Mike showed Sam his paper and the two high fived.

"I'm C2 with Paul." Damion said.

"Man I got B8." Chris looked disappointed.

John looked at his slip. "Uhh, I have B10"

"No way," Said Philip, "So am I. Come on we'll show you the way."