Raven's Reasons

Raven had lived in a demon world and been raised by monks, so she hadn't really known what snow or winter was (I mean come on! She was raised in Hell!) So when Robin, Beast Boy, and Cyborg began to prepare for Christmas, she and Starfire had absolutely no idea what the boys where talking about. Robin had taking Starfire aside and told her about it, him being her boyfriend and all, so now Star was extremely excited.

"Raven!" Star yelled, running down the hall to catch up with the half demon.

"Hey, Star." The girl responded. Since the fight with her father, Raven had been a little more open with her friends and spending less time in her room and going out more. She'd even started to notice BB's little crush on her.

"Are you going to partake in the decorating of the tree?" Star asked in her formal way of speaking.

"Not this time, Starfire. I have some things to take care of, but save something for me okay?" Raven smiled at the Tamaranen.

Starfire smiled sadly. "Oh. Okay, Raven. I understand, please you will join us when you are done?"

"I'll try to Star." Raven said, heading off to her room.

Starfire waved after her, then turned to find Beast Boy behind her.

Beast Boy looked longingly at Raven. "She's not gonna help?"

Starfire shook her head sadly, "No, she is not. She has done the "promising" that she will help us soon." Starfire relayed to Beast Boy quickly, she managed a small smile at the green changeling and floated back down the hall to join the Boy Wonder and Cyborg in the decorating.

Beast Boy tentatively made his way down the hall to Raven's room. He gently knocked on the door. "Raven?" he asked.

"Yes, Beast Boy?" Raven asked, open the door enough to poke her head out.

Beast Boy looked at her curiously. "Why aren't you gonna help us decorate?" he asked, hesitant to do so, afraid that the demoness would snap at him.

To his surprise, Raven only smiled slightly and stepped back, inviting him into her hidden sanctuary.

Beast Boy hesitantly stepped into Raven's room, a place she didn't let anyone into. Her room was actually quite pretty. Deep purple walls and books, some thicker than the dictionary, covering the bookshelf on the far right wall.

Her carpet was the same color as her walls and he room was filled with beautifully creepy things that coated every bit of her room.

"It's beautiful!" He whispered.

Raven, with her heightened scenes, caught every word. "Thank you."

Beast Boy blushed, realizing that she had heard. "I....uh....oh, boy!" He hid his face.

Raven smiled, "It's fine. I didn't expect you to say that." A light blush dusted her face. "Now, I believe you had something to ask me?" She asked the changeling.

Beast Boy snapped out of his daze. "Yeah. Why can't you come and help us?"

Raven sighed. "I....It's just the way I was raised. I'm not even supposed to be around right now. So I'm still getting used to still being here."

Beast Boy's face fell. "Didn't you ever celebrate a holiday in the word you lived on?" he asked.

Raven looked up at him with slightly watery eyes. "No."

Beast Boy's eyes clouded with sorrow as she whispered, "No, I haven't"