Chapter 11, One Night

He'd died and gone to heaven.

Then the cold reality bit him as he stared at the naked woman—who had the curviest ass he'd ever seen in his twenty-eight years—next to him. Kate was lying on his bed, and her breathing was light. He wondered if, in fact, she'd fallen asleep. What the fuck was he thinking, screwing a woman he should be protecting? He didn't even want to think about all the ethical boundaries he'd just crossed. He ripped off the condom and walked across the hall to the bathroom to dump it in the garbage. When he strode back into the bedroom, the bedside light was on, and Kate had crawled under the comforter.

He stood before her, naked, and she sat up, running her gaze over him. She wasn't shy, and he could tell she appreciated what she saw. But then...hell, look at her! She had a pair of tits that could make a man howl, and her ass gave him enough to hang on to. She wasn't a toothpick, she was a woman: curvy enough, strong enough that she could take him and keep up with him. He didn't want to worry about a woman breaking under him.

There were times like now when he just wanted to ride a woman hard. It was satisfying. He didn't want soft and easy. His life wasn't made that way. He wasn't made that way.

"No regrets," he said to her. He didn't ask, because the last thing he wanted was a woman having second thoughts after all was done.

"None, you?" she asked him, sliding her knees up and wrapping her arms around them.

He could smell her from where he was, and he felt himself hardening again. There were times when he could walk away satisfied after having a woman, but there was something about Kate and the way she watched him, so seductive and sensual, that stirred something in him. She wasn't asking for a commitment. She had offered him her body, and he had taken it.

He shook his head and grabbed the corner of the comforter to rip it back. She squealed again, and her breasts bounced as she jumped. He found himself wanting to taste them, and he climbed onto the bed as she lay back and across it. He crawled over her, holding himself up as he took in her expression of awe. There was passion in this woman that had been buried beneath layers of complexity. Right now, he felt as if he'd peeled one back. How many more layers did this woman have?

He ran his tongue over her nipple and then took it in his mouth and sucked. She pressed her head back into the bed and gasped. Her hands, she didn't know what to do with them, so she rested them beside her head.

"I wonder if I can make you come apart just from touching you like this," he said, and he ran his tongue over her nipple again. She hissed, her hands in his hair. Yes, she was trying to gain control, he could feel it in her, so he took her hands and pressed them above her head, rising up over her. She moved those amazing hips, trying to gain some release. He could see how she was building up to a frenzy, all because he'd taken her control away. He wondered if she ever let go. Probably not, but tonight she was going to. He'd make damn sure of it.