Chapter three

Ashton's POV

"What are you doing?!" Tate asks as I climbed into the back seat. I rolled my eyes as I plopped into the back seat.

"My shower was too long. I didn't finish my hair and all that girly stuff, you wouldn't understand." I mumble. I pull out a straightener and liquid eyeliner and red lipstick. I plug my straightener into the outlet next to the seat. As I wait for it to heat up I apply my two items of makeup. I pick my straightener and straighten my messy mop of hair.

"We're here." He murmurs. "Please tell me your done? I'm having a... Uhhhh... Friend meet me at the car." He turns back to look at me.

"Please tell me it's not-" I moan.

"Come on Ash! Grayson isn't that bad!" Tate protests. "He just has an itty bitty crush on you... And a locker full of your photos... BUT STILL!"

"He's a creep.." I choke as he defends him. I look down at my legs biting on my lip preparing for torture-

"Hey man!" A deep male voice rings. My eyes widen. I slowly slide down in my seat, hoping he didn't see me.

"Hey Grey." My brother greets.

"Who's that?" He points to me in the back. Damn, I thought hiding would work. Over the summer my features had matured and I dyed my hair. I kick my Tates seat." She's hotter then your sister." He mumbles to my brother. Grayson didn't have a 'whisper voice'. His indoor voice was screaming like a banshee. Tate looks back at me and smirks evilly.

"Ashton." Tate pronounces, smiling widely. Greyson's jaw drops.

"I need to update those pictures." He says Flabbergasted. My eyes widen. "Wait what? Pictures, you who, when, said? I mean... Who said anything about pictures of you."

"You, Bro." Tate chuckles. Greyson smacks his arm.

"Your not in this Tate." He mumbles.

"Your his friend, so, goodbye." I murmur as I slid my backpack back onto my shoulders. I swing open my door. I slide out my feet and drop to the ground. The down side to having a high off the ground type car and being short.

"Come on, We can be friends too." Greyson says deeply looking into my eyes.

"You knows what?" I say, his eyes light up. "I'm good." I say and walk away.

"She so got you, dude." I hear Tate laugh in the distance.

Suddenly I feel a tug on the back of my heavy book bag. My shoulder fall from the position they were in. My back leans back and I let out a squeal. I regain posture and spin around to see an happy Lillian. Lilli was my best friend, but she was very hyper and joyful as well. ALWAYS hyper and joyful.

"Hi A!" She smiles as she bounces on the balls of her feet.

"Hey Lilli!" I smile. I tug at the hem of my crop top. "You seem happy." I laugh at her ecstatic look.

"Schools finally starting! New friends, new classes! NEW EVERYTHING!" She jumps. Suddenly a head of styled blonde hair pops into view.

"Luke." I snarl. He suddenly turns around, as if on cue even, and spots us. He makes his way over.

"Hey Lil, hey Ash." He smiles. I scoff.

"Ashton." I bark. "And what happened to hanging out with Sam Simpsons? Oh and isn't that your new girlfriend? Or so I've heard." As I said girlfriend my heart sank.

"I thought I'd talk to my friends. Is that a problem, Ashton?" He asks.

"You left us for her and the other populars, so who are your real friends? The barbies or the low classers?" I ask and storm off. Lilli chases after me.

"That was kind of a bitchy move." She says in a hushed tone.

"Lilli, you know how I felt about him. He basically ripped us out of his whole life over the summer." I murmur. "It doesn't feel to good when you see your ex- best friend and ex-crush kissing a girl that hates you."

"Oh Ash... Maybe he will come to his senses!" She smiles hopefully.

"Maybe..." I whisper.