ONE SHOT

Lee Ji Eun woke up with a heavy feeling. Her vision was blurry and her muscles felt like she had carried tons of weights. She tried to refocus her senses...

'Where is she?' She looked around as she slowly, and with difficulty, sat up. She scanned her surroundings but couldn't figure out where she's at.

She tried to remember everything but, in her current state, her mind can only conjure flashes of images.

Her mother hugging her and crying. A group of men surrounded her father; a gun pointed at his head. The commotion when she was grabbed by three men out of her mother's grasp.

A gunshot.

Suddenly, the door of the room opened and she had to readjust her vision since the sudden light blinded her. Seconds later, she felt herself being dragged by two people. To where? She doesn't have any idea as her mind went completely blank.

~~~

"50 million won!"
"80 million won!"

Numbers... that's what only Ji Eun could hear at her semi-conscious state. Bright lights blinding her eyes... scent of cigarettes and alcohol almost made her puke. She vaguely made out her surroundings, she seemed to be at a grand hall, number of people are looking at her.

"85 million won."
"87 million won."
"300 million won."

Gasps were heard.

"SOLD!" It was the last time she heard.

~~~

She woke up feeling a lot better than before. She scanned her eyes through the unfamiliar surrounding. The room is huge, bigger than what she usually sees in movies and T.V; the walls are made of glass that you can see the outside. Then her eyes widened as she saw the breathtaking view of the sunset; when the sun is slowly being swallowed by the sea.

But why is she there? She frowned upon realizing that she isn't wearing her own clothes. She knew that because there's no way she can afford a balloon princess-like gown. She stood up from the bed she is lying at and she was about to go to the door when it opened.

She held her breath when she saw a man entered the room. He smirked upon seeing her stunned face.

"You're awake. Good. I was about to forcefully wake you up."

"Who are you? And what am I doing here?!" Fear clouded her whole being. She didn't like the way he talks and the way he is looking at her. She felt with his scrutinizing eyes. "YAH! I asked you who you are. Stop staring at me!" She yelled to hide her uneasiness.

The man only chuckled and nonchalantly took off his coat and placed it on the couch. "I was informed by them that you're a one fierce lady and that you might give me a hard time. But know what? I like violent woman."

"What are you saying?! And you're not answering me, who the hell are you?!"

"Fine. Just to amuse you... and me. I'll answer all of your questions. First, my name is Lee Joon Gi. You're here because I bought you to be my toy."

"Toy?! Yah! Don't mess with me!"

Now she's mad. Who the hell is he talking about as his toy? She's a human being; not some kind of toy.

"I'm not messing with you. Now, let me tell you all. Your father, from what I've heard, borrowed a lot of money to the mafia so that he could afford his addictions. He was unable to pay the debts, so the mafia entered your house."

Flashbacks came to her. Yes... gunmen went to their house and started beating her father. Then her eyes widened when she remembered.

"He... sold me." She whispered.
"Yes. That's what I've heard. So that's why you're one of the girls being auctioned at that night." He said and smiled at the recollection of how she looked so beautiful that night. He's mesmerized at her beauty and he had been decided that she will be his.