Serenity (Harry Styles Fanfiction)

serenity.

That's all I've ever wanted. I want to be free from everything, from the bullies. I want this anxiety and stress to be gone. Every weekdays, 5 days a week, 35 hours of my life a week is devoted to being bullied. Mostly during school, not as much outside as inside.

Lemme tell you some stuff about myself. My name is Harold Edward Styles, but people just call me Harry. I only have one friend, his name is Zayn. I live with my Grandma Rose because my parents had died in a plane crash when they were on their way back from Kansas to see me. I was only 8 at the time, I am now 16. I currently am working at a retirement home for the elderly in London. I go around and help them out, feed them and check on how they're doing.

I've been getting bullied since I was 13. It's never really stopped since. Sometimes I'd get minor breaks but they never last. That's when I first met Zayn, in 7th grade when he saw me being slammed against the back wall where nobody really is around. He happened to be lingering there, and saw what was going on and he didn't ignore it like everyone else does. He stood up for me, and fought off the bullies. And since then we've clicked.

I've never really had a girlfriend before. I've like girls but they've always turned and laughed on me, and made fun of me. To everyone I've always have been small and nerdy. I've asked girls out but they always say they'll think about it but they never get back to me on that one. Or others will accept and cheat on me, or they will leave me for other guys. And I get left here alone...with nobody to go to that will understand.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Black. All I see is black.

The last thing I remember is being slammed into the gates outside of the school. I was walking to the courtyard to meet up with my best friend Zayn. Until I was being attacked by my two bullies - Ben and Ryder.

I began to wake up. I saw the light seep through the cracks of my eyelids and into my eyes. Seconds later my eyes were all the way open, my vision focusing.

I appear to be in the nurses office of the high school. I sat up and a ice pack fell from my forehead. I look around and saw Zayn talking to the nurse by her desk. I groaned causing them both to turn and smile at me.

"Oh honey are you okay? Be careful - Zayn. Here help me help him up." Nurse Rodriguez said walking over to me with Zayn trailing behind.

"Ey' bud how ya feelin?" Zayn spoke curiously.

"I'm alright I guess" I shrugged as they slowly helped me stand up. They guided me over to the bathroom so I could wash off the blood stains. As I shut the door, I turned and looked at myself in the mirror for the first time. My face was bruised up, with blood dried from my nose from taking multiple hits. My lip was busted. I lifted up my shirt and there were purple, blue, and green bruises all over my stomach from what it looks like they have kicked me.

Why do they have to do this to me? I mean I don't think I've ever done anything to make them hate me so much they have to attack me. Why aren't I good enough for them? I just don't understand.

I thought as I was putting my shirt back down. I switched on the faucet creating warm water. I cupped my hands under the faucet. I craddled the water bringing it to my face gently rinsing off the blood flinching at my touch. I grabbed the paper towel and gently patted at my face sopping up the water trying to hold in my tears. But decided against it because crying will get me no where. I then walked out of the nurses and thanked her for her time, and left for class.

---------------

A/N: This is kind of a begginer chapter to give some background on what the storys kind of about. But my next chapter is going to be way better I promise (: