You hurt me

'Pull your self together, and wake up! This is never going to work Dan. I cant seem to make you happy, no matter how hard I try.'

Dan reached out to hold the crying girl who stood before him but she just turned away and sank onto their bed. He could feel tears pricking in the back of his own eyes and knew it wouldnt be long before tears would be trickling down his own cheeks. This girl was the love of his life, he was sure of it, and now he had ruined his chances with her. He knew what she would go back to, and Dan wanted to protect her from that.

'Eve, I just wanted to help, you know that, right?' He pleaded with her, his deep brown eyes shining with tears, but she didnt even look at him.

"Dan, you hurt me, I dont want that to happen again.'

'Eve, I want to make you happy, that's all I want-'

She sat up angrily and stared at him,

'Bullshit Dan, that's all this is' she looked around the room and picked up her few precious possessions, and started towards the door.

'Eve I-'

She put up a hand to silence him

'Dan Howell, please dont make this harder than it already is'

She reached the door and turned back to look at him, before reaching up to undo the clasp of the necklace that she was wearing, and pressed it into his hand. She left him a small kiss on the cheek, and Dan breathed in her perfume, It reminded Dan of all their memories together, and a choked whimper escaped his mouth. He opened his eyes to look at her but she was already gone with the door closing behind her.

'But Eve-' He whispered,

'I love you'