Chapter 2

Silverlight watched as the cats who were going to the gathering pad towards the fresh-kill pile. She hung back in the shadows of the giant oak tree that's been in the Echoclan camp longer than when she first joined the clan. Silverlight sighed, as  she looked up at the stars and jumped when she felt a paw pad her shoulder. She mrrowed in surprise and realized she didn't scent or hear them, she spun around and saw the young warrior Emberlight staring at her with wide green eyes.

"Silverlight, may I lead a hunting-patrol?" Emberlight asked, she wrapped her tail over her paws and flickered his ears patiently. Emberlight was one of the youngest warriors in the clan She was made into a warrior 3 moons early from Dawnstar because she saved a kit from a badger attack. Emberlight was always honored from doing that since.

"Of course." Silverlight meowed, she dipped her head in acknowledgment and watched her pad away towards where Darktail, Scarheart, and Wolfshadow were sharing a plump vole.

She looked up and watched Dawnstar pad out of her den, she gave a flick of her tail and signaled the patrol together and out of the camp entrance. Silverlight hung in the back of the patrol and saw Mossleaf fell behind in step, "Silverlight, can we talk?" The she-cat shifted her paws then went on, "I had a prophecy from Starclan, they said, Before peace comes to the clans Silver, Fire, and Pebble must meet up and go on a journey to save the clans past the rising sun." She stared at the ground and mumbled, "What do you think it means." Her green eyes glowed with concern and wonder as she glanced around.

"I'm not sure, maybe you should talk to Dawnstar and the other medicine cats about that." Silverlight responded as Mossleaf dipped her head in acknowledgement and retreated back towards Fiercetail.

Not long later they reached the gathering place. Dawnstar sniffed the air and flicked her tail in a signal to allow her clan to go down there. Cats of Echoclan streamed past Silverlight and padded down the valley towards the gathering. Silverlight walked down the valley and padded towards the 3 trees that stood nice and tall in the center clearing, she sat on a boulder that was placed neatly below the tree and raised her head and watched the other clans padd together to talk to their outside-clan friends, teach battle moves, and share stories. She flickered her ear and watched the Oceanclan deputy jump up beside her, Streamshadow. 

"Greeting Silverlight," The tom meowed as he dipped his head towards her, "How is Echoclan doing?"

"We are fine how is-" she was cut off abruptly by Reedstar yowling that the gathering would begin.

"In Oceanclan everything is well, prey is thriving amongst our rivers, and may I add I have something important I would like to say... We are no longer Oceanclan, We are Reedclan!" Reedstar yowled, He looked down at the cats standing near the base of the rock and yowled ounce more, "Reedclan will be strong as ever!"

Yowls of disbelief came from the clans, 

"You can't change the clan name starclan gave you!" Yowled the Darkclan medicine cat.

"Has Oce- Reedclan.... GONE MAD!" The Echoclan apprentice Owlpaw  yowled.

"Quiet." His mentor Wolfshadow muttered. flicking his tail over Owlpaw's muzzle.

Silverlight flicked her ears in disbelief from where she sat with the other deputies, "Why won't you keep the clan name Oce-" She was cut off quickly by the Reedclan leader. 

"ENOUGH!" Reedstar yowled, "If you can't accept my decision then Reedclan will leave," With a wave of his tail he signaled the cats of Reedclan to follow him and they dissapeard through a fern patch behind the 3 oaks.

"*Ahem* I guess Echoclan will go next..." Dawnstar meowed, "Prey is running well and may I add that 2 of my patrols were patrolling but then they were attacked by two Darkclan warriors." She dipped her head to the Darkclan leader, "Care to explain Badgerstar?"

The black and white tom stepped a few paw steps forward, "I'm sorry to hear that Dawnstar but, by what Firefang has told me is that you lead my warrior Pineheart into a two-leg trap and abandoned him." He flicked his tail silencing Dawnstar before she could say anything else, "Apart from that we have a new kit in the clan, Volekit, And that is all." Badgerstar reported, "Cla- Echoclan and Darkclan dismissed."

Dawnstar waved her tail and padded out of the clearing. Silverlight followed at her shoulder and whispered, "Why do you think Reedstar changed Oceanclan's name?" Silverlight challenged.

"Only Starclan knows why." Dawnstar murmured back, "but, we can't let that bother us; We don't know how strong they are."

Silverlight dipped her head in acknowledgement even though that still didn't answer the questions running through her head, Reedclan with their leader Reedstar? Does Starclan approve of these actions? Why didn't they keep their ancestors name?  Silverlight narrowed her eyes and watched the cats from the two clans disappear from where they arrived. Faster than when they came the clearing was empty, no cat was still there apart from Silverlight at the side of a thorn-bush, she looked at the sky and thought to herself, Starclan this isn't right. Please send Mossleaf and the other medicine cat's a message for what we have to do before to much blood is spilled... I know you can't stop that but, it would be cool if you can. Silverlight stifled a sigh and wrapped her tail over her paws then got up and raced through the fern-patch leading to Echoclan territory and padded in the rear of the patrol. She glanced over her shoulder and saw a gray and white she-cat with stars in her fur watching her from where the leaders sat. The she-cat dipped her head and disappeared into the misty night.