Mine-d: Chapter Six

I was afraid of small spaces. I knew this when I was a chubby five year old and a boy told me to go down the tiny tube slide on the playground. He told me I wouldn't fit, let alone get to the other side.

At first I thought he was right, but surprisingly I slid smoothly down the plastic. But my foot hit something when I reached the end. Someone's back.

"Try and get out Erue," he had teased, putting emphasis on my name. I heard his friends laugh.

I tried to push him away but he didn't budge. He was skinny but he was strong. And I was sure his friends were helping him stay in tact.

My breathing got heavier. I felt my chest close up and a trickle of sweat build on my forehead. It was dark, with only a trickle of sun rays hitting the inner tube.

My breath suddenly shortened and oxygen seemed to have escaped the small long tube.

My body filled up the the entire space and crawling back up seemed impossible. I felt trapped.

"Let me out!" I had screamed. Suddenly the slide seemed to be spinning. My breath was the only air I felt. I was going to throw up. I knew it.

Tears streamed down my face and my heart ached. I squirmed left, then right, my body squeaking against the red plastic.

"Let me out! Please!" I sobbed. I curled into a ball as best as I could, trying to calm my heart rate.

"Henry, get away from that slide!" I heard a teacher call. "Now or it's detention for you mister!"

Henry removed himself and I slid the rest of way, gulping oxygen as I emerged. I remember them laughing at me, calling me so much names that I couldn't keep up.

My cheeks reddened, I was sure. I wanted to die.

***

"Let me out! " I screamed, pounding on the glass.

I woke up not more than a minute ago. I didn't know where I was, I just knew I had a pounding headache and I stood in a long cylinder glass the exact same size as me.

I couldn't break it and there was no locks. No passageway. My powers were gone too. I could not see anything outside of the glass.

Suddenly the ugly sound of a machine started. Cold air oozed from the top of the glass and the temperature dropped almost instantaneously.

"Let me out! " I screamed. No answer.

I wasn't sure if it was fear converting into its counterpart or I was actually just plain angry but suddenly I found myself punching anywhere my arm could reach. I kicked and I screamed.

I was still screaming when the machine stopped. The temperature rose. And the glass slowly lifted. I stood only on the base of the cylinder.

My eyes widened at what was around me. There was boiling lava rolling around on the floor. Walls as coals, no ceiling, no doorway. It looked like a cave. A really scary one.

And the guy who attacked me just days before my birthday, the man with with the goatee, the man I killed, stood before me.

"Miss me babe?" He smirked.

All I could do was stare . In the blink of an eye we were in a different room. I was in a room, designed like any other room on Earth. Red walls, a bureau desk, pictures on the wall.

On the bureau desk sat pen holders, folders, and a stapler. Just like a regular desk.

I stared some more. Then I managed to force some words out, "I killed you."