Chapter 3 - Letting Go is never easy..

____________________________________________

 Recap:

While walking I heard his voice. He's talking to a girl. 

And that girl is HER.

____________________________________________

"Sorry Alfred but I can't.." I heard her hopeless voice. 

"Rika why?" Alfred sounds so heartbroken. "Rika.." 

Rika just shook her head. 

"Please tell me Rika. I want to know why. Don't you like me? Please Rika answer me..." Alfred said but his voice sounds like his begging.

They are both crying. They are both hurt.

"I..I.. I think Shawie loves you. I don't want her to be hurt."

I felt like my feet was frozen and the books that I was carrying was dropped on the floor.

They both turned to me.

'what shoud I do' I asked myself.

"There you are Shawie. Tell me, do you love me? Not as a friend but more than that?" Alfred asked me with a serious look.  

"ah.. why are you asking me that?" I asked playing dumb. 

"I just want to know because someone out there misinterpreted our relationship."  

By listening to him, alam ko na he's hopeful. Because he thought it's all a misunderstandings.

I (fake) chuckled.  

"Of course I love you Alfred only as a friend." If you erase the last 4 words. 

"You see. She doesn't love me the way you think Rika. So please reconsider it." 

Alfred said before he left.

Lumapit sakin si Rika "Don't lie to me Shawie. I know that you love him." She said looking at me straight in the eyes. 

"Right, but I'm not selfish Rika. You're his happiness. You're the one Alfred loves and I know the mere fact that I could never be you." I said trying hard not to cry. 

"I know you love him too, so please for both of your happiness. Please accept him." I beg her. It is the only thing I can do for him. For Alfred. 

"Thank you." She smiled at me gratefully then left me in a hurry.

I cried my eyes out.  

I have to do this not for myself but for their happiness.

                      I can't do anything else 

                      I know that letting go is never easy 

                      But I love you so that's why I'll set you free 

                     I hope someday someone can mend this broken heart of mine

Now, everyone already knows that they are officially a couple. 

Looking at them from a far, I can see that they are both happy. 

I don't have any right to interfere. 

But why do I feel like my heart is being squeeze and torn into pieces. 

I hope someday, someone can mend this broken heart of mine.