3

It was a new day. Arin was lounging around his house in his sleeping clothes. He was waiting on the master sweep and his workers to finish their job on his house. While he waited, he moved around his kitchen making a small breakfast and singing a song that was stuck in his head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dan sat up in bed. He heard a loud pop as he sat up. He winced and rubbed his back as he tried to stand, his muscles screaming to just stay in bed. He hobbled to the bathroom and wiped off his face with a wet rag to clean off the soot from yesterday's work. He had to go to the same house again to clean out two more chimneys, the smallest ones there. Internally he groaned at the thought of getting scorched for the second day in a row, but he was the only worker available. Throwing his bag over his shoulder, he trudges out the door to the manor. He ignores people trying to give him fliers and papers, he just wants today to be over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Arin taps his foot as he waits for the sweep to arrive. He wants to be the one to greet him, instead of his housekeeper. He took the small plate from his icebox and put it on his counter, before sitting back down. After sitting and waiting for a while, Arin hears some raps on his door. Much like a puppy hearing someone walk up to their door, Arin perks up and pratically runs to the door. He composes himself, running a hand to  smooth down his hair and clothes he recently changed into, and takes a breath. 'God, this kid has me worked up.' Arin opened the door to see the worker and a small smile on his face, "Hello, I'm assuming you're here to finish the job?"
"Yeah, I'll get right on it, you just need to know that I'm here? I don't want to scare our customers an-" Dan rambeled on, not used to being formally greeted
Arin just chuckeled and cut him off "Calm down, I just wanted to greet you. And your boss isn't here, so, there's that." Arin shrugged and attempted to examine the sweep's face. He seemed older upon closer study, possibly even being in his 30's. Arin cleared his throat after noticing that the man had very clearly noticed Arin's gaze, so he tried to clear the awkward tension that had gathered, "So, uh, I'm Arin, if you didn't know."
"Leigh, but my friends call me Dan, or Danny... Or Daniel"
Arin smiled warmly "You seem to have many titles Danny," Arin paused and looked at the ground "I happen to have some extra dinner from last night, if you'd like some..?"
Dan seemed flustered and quickly nodded, fiddling with his hands "Y-Yeah, I haven't had breakfast today, thank you!"
Arin stepped to the side and guestured for Daniel to follow him as he walked into his house. Dan seemed hesitant, but walked in, cringing at the light ashy footsteps he left behind. Arin handed him the food and sat at his table, motioning for him to sit. Dan seemed uncomfortable, but obliged.
"Sorry if this is weird, but I'd feel bad if I left you outside. It's a little chilly out there" Arin rubbed the back of his neck as he spoke, looking at his hand on the table
Dan smiled and began to eat, talking with a half-mouthfull "It's ok, I'd rather eat in here, it's a lovely house" he finished his bite somewhere in the sentence and smiled up at Arin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After talking for a while, they both realized that eachother's company wasnt so bad. Before they both knew it, Dan's boss was dragging him out of the house and apologizing to Arin about the "ordeal." Arin just dismissed it and payed Dan extra before he could hastily leave the mansion.