4

Arin was drawing, something he'd been doing a lot lately. Small films of different animals running lay scattered around the room as he sketched. He was determined to finished a few frames of his newest idea, before three quiet knocks on his door interrupted him. Arin stood and popped his back before making his was to the front door, mumbling something about a lazy butler that he didn't have the heart to wake up. He opened the door to see Danny, looking a bit disheveled but much cleaner than yesterday, and soaked from a storm that he hadn't noticed. Arin was confused, but mainly concerned. Why would he be here now?
Arin slightly shook his head at himself before speaking, "Daniel, are you alright?" Danny just shook his head and sighed, water falling off his hair resembling that of a wet dog. Hell, he even looked like a kicked puppy in Arin's eyes. Arin stepped to the side and motioned for Danny to walk in. Danny obliged and followed Arin to the sane table they shared a meal at. Danny smiled fondly at that, Arin was one of a kind. Most people don't even bother greeting a sweep.
"So, what's the matter?" Arin spoke softly, and tears threatened to spill as Danny spoke, recalling the morning's incidents.
~~~~~~~~~
Dan woke up and stared at the ceiling. God he didn't want to go through another day. He hated his job, hated his house and hated that he couldn't do anything about it. He always grew up in a cruel world. His parents were poor, which only meant he was destined to be too. His house was in the dirtiest, most disease riddled place. It was all he could afford. All of this came crashing down on Danny as he crawled out of bed to brush his teeth in the murky water that came out of his sink. Then he smelled it. Smoke. He was still tired and confused, so Danny just walked to his fireplace. It was out, so he got a little panicy. That's when he heard the shouts. Random yells and laughs involving every anti-semitic word in the book. Danny ran to his room, grabbed anything he could gather in shakey arms and ran out. The whole street was on fire and a parade of people were running away. Dan didn't know where to go, so he started running away from there.
~~~~~~~~~
By the time Dan was finished explaining what had happened, Arin had made tea and had them both a cup. Danny was wiping his eyes after he finished talking and looked up at Arin for a response. He didn't know what to expect, but it certenly wasn't anger.
"What the hell? People can't just do that!"
"Well they did." Dan quietly said, but his words didn't cut through Arin's rant
He continued on, throwing his hands in the air as he spoke, "No! That's not fair! Your whole street! All those people," Arin looked down in thought before clearing his throat and said softly, "Look, I understand this is hard. And I really don't think it's safe on the streets for you. If you'd wish, I believe you should stay in my guest room until things blow over."
Dan smiled as tears slipped down his face. This was the first time he'd let himself cry in front of someone in years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n sorry for the hiatus guys! I try to update weekly, but I just got really busy this month. Hopefilly updates can resume normally for a while lol. Thanks for reading!!