Chapter 2: Trust Me

A/N

Hi guys! First of all this chapter is dedicated to the person who makes sure I have the minimum of mistakes possible (trust me when I say I suck at grammar) liann_aixa! Check out her book Falling Down!! I had this chapter edited by someone whose identity I will keep a secret for a couple of chapters because I want to dedicate a key chapter to them. In the meantime that person knows who they are, so thank you! Anyways thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy! :)

Ps: On the sidebar is Blaine aka Joshua Anthony Brand!

*~*~*~*~*

Michelle stirred in her bed, waking up. It had been a week since the events at Sorte and every morning she woke up and felt the events of that day replay in her mind. The thought of Blaine made her blush and stare dreamily out of the window like every other morning. She had never been so open with anyone; people always bullied and jeered at her, never giving her an opportunity to be true herself. They had exchanged numbers and Michelle allowed a sliver of hope to grow in her heart that Blaine would text her.

With that happy thought, she got up from bed, but when realization hit her, her happy mood evaporated. She was going to school, a prison filled with the hostile, mocking glares and the insults of schoolmates. She sighed unhappily. Still, she reluctantly went to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. After showering and dressing, she grumpily walked down the stairs to the kitchen where her parents sat.

“Hey mom, hey dad,” her parents looked up from their cups of coffee and gave her a slight nod of acknowledgement before returning to their beverages.

Michelle sighed at her parents’ lack of interest in her. Although it was usual, it still bothered her a lot and made her feel unwanted. She grabbed an apple from the table and went into the living room. There she took her books and earphones. She munched on the apple as she put on some music on her phone. Music blasted from the buds and she sighed and closed her eyes. Music was an escape to her, a distraction from reality.

As she exited her front door, she felt her heart start pounding as it normally did when she left the safety of her house. The fear she felt that someone would jump out and assault her for existing was incredibly overwhelming. She continued walking until she reached the school gates, warily glancing over her shoulders every few moments. It was still very early. School started at eight-fifty,  but she was always there at eight, just to have enough time to go to her locker, switch her books and get to her first classroom in peace before anyone else arrived. She would hide in the classroom until the bell rung and then she would be left exposed to the people, no longer safe. After the bell rang, every day she was considered no longer a human being but instead a life-size, walking dummy, used as an unimportant punching bag.  The people didn’t seem to care for her feelings and not only physically, but emotionally and socially abused her.

When she had started school, she was rejected by people. She thought it would pass with time and eventually she would find a friend in midst of the crowd of students, but as the days had passed, nothing like that ever happened. Michelle no longer wondered if it was because of her different taste in music, or that she took her studies more seriously than most, but they just seemed to avoid approaching her in a friendly manner at all costs.

The sharp screech of the bell snapped her out of her thoughts as herds of students, all laughing or chatting with friends, began filing into the classroom. Some of them took their seats quietly, while others sniggered at her. She looked away, gazing at the window. She was just starting to relax when she suddenly felt a pressure on her lap­ – someone was sitting her. She jumped from her seat and pushed whoever was on top of her off. Michelle shook with panic when she heard the class laughing. She looked up and saw it had been one of the school jocks. Michelle was about to run out of the classroom when she heard the teacher come in, shushing the class and telling them to settle down. Michelle sighed and sat down, but not before a tear slipped down her cheek. The teacher, Mrs. Williams swiftly started her lecture and Michelle finally looked up from her desk to find that there was nobody seated next to her or behind her. The closest people were two seats away from her.