Part 1

The First Day at Camp

Today I saw the most amazing thing, my first dragon... I was in the forest, sitting in the highest tree, looking down at its smooth, scaly body, and then it saw me. I jumped down from the tree and ran like my life depended on it, which it did. I could feel its hot, foul breath on my back of my neck. It almost caught and killed me, but I slipped into a crack in the rocks, a crack so small that the dragon was not able to get through. Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm usually too busy flirting with danger. My name is Cosmo. I am 14 years old, I have longish blonde-brown hair. I am also at my summer camp. My mother sent me here so I could learn to fight dragons and other bad guys and to be a hunter. I live in a place called the forest of life. I came from a family of 12 kids including me. Balthazar is my camp leader, he's really cool, I like him. His upper half looks human and his lower half looks like a horse's body. He is what the other campers call a centaur. He has brown hair like his lower half, that's brown too. There are a lot of mythical creatures like him here. For example, there is my friend Fiona, who's a fairy. She was banished from her village for trying to steal food for her sick family. The people in her village, however, look down on stealing for whatever reason. As a punishment, she lost her wings. So she was then nicknamed "Fiona the Flightless". She has greenish hair, she is a wood fairy, there are a lot of different fairies so many that I can't keep them straight, but she still has her other fairy powers, just no wings. There are a ton of other exotic creatures here, like trolls (they are good guys), hippocampi, brownies, and pegasi and us, humans. Today is my first day of camp, and I am really excited.

"Hi Cosmo!!" shouted Tom. 

I forgot to mention Tom. He's my friend and he can be really annoying at times, but he is a good fighter. He is 10 years old, with almost black hair which is pretty young, but he is a smart and independent so he stays at camp all year, and so does Fiona.

"Cooooossssssmmmooooooo!!" screamed Fiona,

"Hi, Fiona," I said,

" 'Hi' is all you say after not being here all year!? I missed you like crazy!!". "I know, who's that?'' I asked,

"That's Ash, she just got here yesterday." Fiona said, "Balthazar said 

" 'Hi' is all you say after not being here all year!? I missed you like crazy!!". "I know, who's that?'' I asked,

"That's Ash, she just got here yesterday." Fiona said, "Balthazar said that her parents died in a fire, so he treats her like she is a princess and like she will kill him if he doesn't do something she wants, she's a brat if you ask my opinion."

"Ha. " I said. Then Ash walked up, "Who are you?" she asked, "I'm Cosmo," I said

"Hmph," she said and walked away.

"See what I mean?" said Fiona,

"Yeah," I said. "She's is sooooooo annoying!"

"Cosmo," said Balthazar as he walked up to us, his usual grin on his face. "How are you?" 

"Fine." I said.

"Good," he said, "I've got to teach a class, you keep out of trouble now."

"I will," I said, trying not to smile. I am always looking for trouble.

It's time for me to tell you about camp. It is a beautiful landscape with about a million trees, a big lake, a ton of tents, and a big cave, and a gigantic house. It's almost in the middle of the camp. It was there when Balthazar bought the land, so it's over 2,000 years old years old, and it's really cool. My tent is in the girls' section and Tom's tent is in the boys' section. Balthazar thought that if the boys and the girls are separated then we won't fight as much. Balthazar sleeps in the house, but it is also used for an infirmary. This is my second year coming here since the Shadow's men came and killed my father. The Shadow is the nightmare of the land. He barely ever shows up, but his men creep around constantly, so that's why my mother sent me here. If the Shadow or his men ever come, then I will be prepared and so will the others and that's why most of us are here. 

That's why I am here. My mom, like I said, sent me here to train like my siblings. I live on a big farm with all my brothers and sisters. There is Damaris, she's my sister, she is the oldest so she is second in command. Diamond, sister, she is REALLY pretty and thinks a lot of herself. Gauge is my brother, he helps a lot, and when I say a lot I mean a lot! Kathryn is another sister of mine, she is the one who helps take care of the horses. Archer is another brother, we call him archer boy for fun, and as you can tell by his name he is a REALLY good archer. Surgeon is my coolest brother, he is the one who does most of the farm work but my other brothers and sisters help him. And since I'm short on time, I won't list the rest, but they are awesome! I am the youngest of all of them, I come here every summer and when I am not at camp. I am usually milking cows and herding sheep at home. My mother and siblings take care of the animals when I am not there, but when I am there they still take care of the farm but I help.

Then a bell rang, it was time to eat dinner, we all gathered around the house and got our food. After I got my food I was walking back to my tent, that's where we all have to eat, then Ash came up and bumped me and I almost dropped my food, 

"Hey!" I shouted after her, but she just kept walking, and I swear she was trying to keep from laughing.

"Uggggg." I said, then Fiona walked up

"Whats wrong?" she asked,

"Ash just came up and pushed me and I almost dropped my food." I said "She is mean." said Fiona, and just so you know you can't go back up and get extras, don't ask me why, maybe there isn't enough food or something, I don't know. That's just the way it is.

"How many new people or mythical creatures have come since I gone? I asked Fiona

"About 3," she said

"Alright, I've already met one, Ash, who is the other two?" I asked

"Marley and Bella," said Fiona They're siblings."

"Is Marley a boy or a girl? And is Bella a girl?" I asked 

Marley is a girl and Bella is a girl too, Marley gets made fun of by everyone else, because she has a boy's name, but she is really nice."

"Where are they?" I asked, "They are in the infirmary," said Fiona, "Why!" I said, "You know that dragon that was chasing you?" she said 

"Yeah..." I said 

"Well, when they were coming to camp, the dragon attacked them. When you 'distracted' the dragon, it gave them enough time to get away." she said "Wow..." I said

"Yeah. Let's go eat, I'm hungry" said Fiona

"Yeah, I am too," I said. 

To be Continued..........