Chapter 4

I managed to catch my breath and slow down before I got into the cafeteria. My body still trembled, but I tried my best to enter calmly. Despite my nerves.

I smoothed my hair down and fixed my shirt. Attempting to make myself look less...frazzled.

Once I arrived I took my usual seat next to Taylor and my other friend, Maria.

They seemed to be involved in a dramatic discussion about the Magcon boys. So I let them talk it out before the conversation died out and all focus was on me.

"Emma, where were you?" Taylor nudged my shoulder and stared curiously.

"Oh, ha, just girl problems. You know." I attempted a fake chuckled while she nodded with her mouth in an "o" shape.

They were seemingly oblivious to my shaky appearance and carried a new topic.

"Did you guys see the new guy?" Maria asked, her dark brown eyes shining with curiosity.

Everyone chimed in with a "yeah" or "nope".

Everyone except me.

Taylor and Maria stared at me expectantly.

I swallowed the forming lump in my throat.

"Yeah. I met him in homeroom" I say, my stomach knotting at the thought of Jasper. The way his hands roamed my body. His rough kisses and painful lovebites. He acted as if he owned me. And that infuriated me to say the least.

"What's his name again?" Maria questioned, while pushing her black hair out of her face.

"Jasper" Taylor replied.

As they continued gossiping about earlier events, I saw Jasper had hobbled into the lunchroom. His eyes were dark and burned with anger.

I turned my head down to my lap, allowing my long hair to cover my face. I ducked down behind Taylor's head, hoping desperately he wouldn't find me.

Thankfully, the bell rang minutes later. Everyone began to herd through the doors. I made my way into the crowd and hid my face. He didn't see me.

Thank God.

We walked back to our lockers and I hastily got my books for the remainder of the school day. This day just seemed to drag on forever.

After 5th hour, I walked to Mrs. Rossman's classroom. I was still on edge but a lot calmer than earlier.

Just when I was only a few steps from the door a large hand wrapped around my arm.

I whipped around, clearly alarmed by the harsh touch.

Jasper.

"What the hell was that?!" He yelled through gritted teeth.

I tried to pull away but his grip on my arm only tightened. He stepped closer, trapping me between him and the yellow lockers. His eyes were blue like the ocean in the beginning of a storm. Dark and endless. It seemed thought that they softened at my fear stricken expression.

Once again I felt his warm breath fan over my face.

Suddenly, Mrs. Rossman stepped into the hallway and noticed our current position.

She cleared her throat and ordered Jasper into the classroom. Of course we would have this class together.

He reluctantly let go and stalked in without a backwards glance.

"Are you okay?" She mouthed.

I nodded quickly flashing a fake smile and hurrying inside before her.

Thank God.

It may seem I used that phrase quite a bit today. But in my current situation, it fit perfectly.