the pain is still there

1 Month Later

I wiped my tears as I walked down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen to see Sasha making breakfast and Kaleigh and Tessa were sitting in their high chairs.

"Hey girlies."

I said as I kissed Kaleigh and Tessa's cheeks. Sasha took one look at me and gave a disapproving look.

"Were you crying again?"

Sasha asked as I sat down. I nodded as I put my head into my hands.

"You need to get over him. He left you Pam. He's with that Marissa chick now and if that makes him happy, then you can't mope around.  You know, you should get back on the dating horse."

She said as she placed cheerios on Kaleigh and Tessa's trays. I took a deep breath as I sat back on my chair.

"You know, I know this guy named Daniel. He's really sweet and works at this CrossFit gym about 15 minutes ago. He even has a little girl of his own. I think her name is Juliet. But, I could totally set you up if you'd like."

Sasha said. I crinkled my nose as I thought about it. I mean, Fergal and I are divorced. He's moved on, why can't I? And if this Daniel guy is a family man, maybe he'll be good for the kids and I.

"Sure. Why not? I'll try it out."

I said with a smile.

"Great. I'll go call him."

Sasha said as she walked out of the kitchen. I looked over at Kaleigh and Tessa as I smiled.

"Mommy's going on a date!"

I sang as Tessa reached out for me. I picked her up and started bouncing her up and down.

"Mommy's going on a date! Mommy's going on a date!"

I kept singing as I danced around the kitchen with her. I kissed Tessa's cheek as she smiled at me. That's when Sasha came back to the kitchen.

"You've got a date tomorrow missy."

She said with a smile.

"Good. Time to get back up on the dating horse. Its been a while."

I said with a sigh.

"Well hey, maybe he'll be the one this time."

Sasha said as I nodded. I just hope I wasn't getting myself into a bad situation.