Twenty two

"Will it be a long ride?" I ask to Shawn when he starts his car.

"Does it matter?" He turns to look at me and a playful smirk is painted on his face.

"It doesn't, I just want to have a clue of where we are going" I say, tired of his mystery.

"Just enjoy" I sigh "You brought your swim suit, right?"

"You told me to" I say obvious.

"Cool" he smirks.

"I won't even ask again where are we going, I honestly give up" I sigh annoyed.

"Double cool" he laughs at me and I punch his arm.

I ask him to play some music and of course he plays his. Egocentric Mendes.

He looks surprised at me when he catches me humming one of his new -not so new- songs, then he looks back to the road.

"What?" I ask confused.

"How come you know the lyrics?" He asks even more confused than me.

"Because it's a good song" I say obvious.

"I thought you didn't listen to my music anymore"

"Well, now you know I do" I look out of the window, noticing the road was getting wooded. I think I know where we're going.

"The real question is: how do you know them? I thought you avoided me completely this whole time, and that included listening to my music. This song is like a year or two old"

"You thought wrong" I sigh "I did change my number and deleted my social media accounts just so you or your team wouldn't notice me, but the thing is that I created new ones with different users, of course, I wasn't going to get away from everyone like that, I just made my accounts private and didn't let any of your fans notice me. It was simpler and easier than it sounds, honestly. But I gotta tell you, I checked some fan accounts eventually to keep up with what you were doing, at least for a year or two I guess" I finally confess him how I was sneakily looking after him.

"I can't believe you actually knew about me but I didn't" he sighed "Wait, that's so unfair! I'm jealous, to be honest" he chuckles and holds my hand.

"Plus you know I always liked your music, I really didn't listen to it constantly when we broke up, but still I adored it" he looks at me for a second and then kisses my hand.

"I'm happy you do" he smiles sincerely.

"You know...? No, never mind"

"What?"

"Nothing" I shrugged.

"Tell me!" He begs me and lets out a giggle.

"It's so embarrassing" I laugh and look out the window to avoid eye contact with him.

"I don't care! You have to tell me now. You know I don't like being left intrigued"

"Oh god... there were times that I would cancel plans with Lena just so that I could stay home alone and listen to your music while eating ice cream, or taking a bath, or just lay on my bed and listen to your whole discography and remember everything we went through with the help of your lyrics and of course I would cry a river almost every time" I bite my bottom lip as I stare at him, waiting for his reaction.

"You really did that?" His voice is low and surprised.

"I did. I swear" I nod at him "I know, I was miserable, but it was in the very beginning and I missed you, what can I tell you?" I shrug and he chuckles. He grabs my hand and brings it up to his lips to give it a soft kiss "Can I tell you another thing?" I nervously bite my bottom lip.