Chapter 1

“Jamie! It’s almost midday! How can you still sleep?”

I hear Emilie holler from outside of my room... Will you ever shut up? 

“Jamie! Will you get up already?”

I groan … I blink my eyes, adjusting my vision.

“Emilie! Will you ever shut up? “

I stood rubbing both my eyes, geez! How can she be so annoying? I went straight to my bathroom. That’s right, my bathroom, inside my own room,, how cool . Crap. I’m being pathetic again. I try to look at myself at the mirror, crap; I have my dry drool over my cheek.  Nice going Bower. Here he is , pale , curly haired , nerdy-ish looking , slouching pathetic goon , my subconscious  tells me .. Damn him.   Well, at least he speaks the truth about me. Can’t blame the guy.

“JAMIE!! Can’t you just hurry the fuck up? “

I hear another holler from outside of my room. How annoying. Why did you ever exist in my life you annoying kid?

“Emilie!  Will you ever cut the crap?” I say in a Emilie-ish kind of a way.

“BOWER! WILL. YOU. EVER. GROW. UP?” I can hear the authority in her voice . How can a 12 year old girl have an authority? It’s because your just all crapped up, my subconscious tells me once more. Ohh , shut up !

“WHAT DO YOU WANT SHRIMP?!? “

I usually call her shrimp cause she’s so small compared to me .Well, obviously, my inner Adonis interrupts me. Cut me some slack will you? Okay, okay, he smirks again. Good.

“Breakfast is ready! Mom says you better get your ass down within five minutes!”

I rolled my eyes. How pathetic. I can’t even fight my twelve-year old sister. Geez. I turned around and faced the mirror. I turned the faucet on and washed my face. How can a guy have this kind of an oily face? Well, I don’t know.  Acne maybe? Yeah... Definitely acne. I grabbed the towel from the towel rack and dried my face. Unbelievable. Look at that hair! So damn curly. Like my hair from down under. Crap. I don’t understand it. My mom and little sister have a straight hair. So does my dad. Wait … Does this mean I’m adopted?

IDIOT! My evil subconcious scold me again. You want to know why? He asks. It’s because you don’t even use shampoo! Use it from time to time and you’ll see, he advices me. Ohh cut me some slack will you? I growl at him.

“Jamie, honey, you’ll miss breakfast dear  ...” My mom calls me. Why can’t Emilie sound like that when she calls me?

“Coming mom! “ I shout from upstairs. I turn my back and head for the kitchen. Wow … pancakes. I love those for breakfast. With some maple syrup on the side. Yeah! That’s terribly good stuff. I saw mom sit on the edge of the table while my annoying little sister is facing her. Good. At least I don’t have to face that horrid child.

“Hey mom. Good Morning.” I kiss her cheek.  She hugs me in return.

“Good morning sweet heart.” She smiles. That is my mom. She talks so gently and is so sweet. I face Emilie and smile at her. Sarcasm at its best. I know.

“Why can’t you talk like mom shrimp? “ I ask her in my most sweet way. She smiles. There I saw that lunatic sarcastic smile again.

“Why can’t you be as handsome as dad Goliath?” She smiles back then winks at dad who I was facing.

“Touché …” I murmur. I smile at the thought of me being as good-looking as dad.  Of course, dad is a handsome man, blond hair, blue eyes, broad shouldered, everything you could ask for. Just like me. Well, I may have the blond hair and my dad's boad shouldr but I wasn't able to copy his face. He's way too handsome. And me? MEHH ... I have acne.