chapter 2

“Which of these jeans would you like sir? “ A sales lady whose probably in her early twenties asked me when I passed through the jeans section. I just turned my gaze toward her, smiled and shook my head.

“No thanks miss … I already have a pair myself...”

She suddenly looked at me with disbelief. Her lips quivered. It makes me laugh but I held it.

“But sir isn’t it customary for a gentleman like you to have at least 2 jeans sir?”

Her gaze was ice cold. She really was desperate. Literally desperate. But I don’t need those jeans though.

“I’m sorry, but I’m not a gentleman either …”

I grinned at her. Her mouth wide open in the air. I could literally fit an apple inside that wide mouth.  She was literally like a dead air. I turned my back and walked away. Like a boss. I smirk. I continued to walk inside the mall for 5 minutes, not knowing what will I purchase or do. All of a sudden somebody tapped my shoulder.

“BOWER! What’s up mate?”

There he is. Blond British guy, taller than me, muscular, freckle faced, grey eyed dude, he’s handsome alright, and a very good boy. A sports junky, he’s in the basketball team and he’s the team captain. A very good student at the same time. Very rich, famous at school, has a BMW. He is the guy every parent would want their little girl to date.  Hah! When will you be like that kind of a good looking freak huh?!? My subconscious teases me. Hah! When will you shut up? I scold him. He cowers and hides. 

I raised one of my eye brows. I walked closer to him not removing my gaze, giving the both of us half a meter apart, gave my hand for him to shake, he just smirked. I grinned. The moment our fingers met, the both of us did our secret hand shake. After I grinned at him, my lip pursed.

“Alex! You douche bag!”  I hollered punching his arm. Ouch. It’s so muscular it hurts. He gives me the stop-punching-me look. 

“Jamie, don’t call me douche bag  ...” He says is a semi-annoyed way. I grinned at him.

 “What do you want to be called then? Let’s say, Alexis Morgan Smith? “I teased him, knowing some girls are staring at him like he’s a piece of bone and they are hungry dogs. But the moment those girls saw me with him they instantly shot me with a kind of look that says ‘OMG! Is that even a human being?’ or ‘What is that dog’s breed? ‘Or ‘I know dogs aren’t supposed to be in here...’ and at some point ‘what a freak!’  I actually just look away. Sometimes, I just tell myself to never get hurt of the truth.

“Shut up!” he laughed punching me on the arm which knocks me down. My butt officially dropped dead down the marble tiled floor. I looked at him while touching my butt that was literally harmed on its way down to the floor.

“What? So you’re not planning on pulling me up? “I growled at him giving my death glare. He just nervously helps me up.

“Don’t look at me that way mate; you know that you’re not good at giving some lads death glares yeah?” He said in his perfect British accent. My jaws tighten. But I just let my anger go.

“Yeah whatever Morgan!” I say teasing him. His jaws just tighten. Looking me straight in my very eye. He gave me the I-can’t-believe-you-just-did-that look. His gray eyes turned black. Or is it just me being weird again. No, it’s you being stupid actually. My subconscious shouts. I ignore him.

“Ohh, will you shut up Mr. Jamie Campbell Bower? “ And I somehow thought that it was very echo-like way of saying things. My jaw dropped a little. Why did he bother to say my whole name? I squirm inside.