Chapter XIV

Juliette

"Sabrina I swear you always got a glass of Nuvo!" I laughed as I cracked jokes on my muthafuckin nigga.

We were all in New York at Gio's dads home having lunch. It was his 56th birthday. For 56 his dad was a fine looking man. After the whole domestic abuse situation me and my husband haven't been the same. /i try my hardest not to argue with I'm whenever he is around. Lately he been missing in action. Before it would have bothered me, but now it makes me very happy.

Hell and when he is around we aren't the damn brady bunch. He is an all that mentor for the boys, but as far as being a husband. Humph! Let's just say I have to constantly remind myself that i'm pregnant.

"Bitch you bet not! I see that tall as daiquiri from over here!" She hit back.

We all laughed and continued to eat. Gio was leaned back in his chair texting with this stupid ass grin on his face.

"Baby what's so funny." i peeked from the corner of my eye as I sipped from my straw.

He slipped his phone back into his pocket before responding nothing. Me and Sabrina exchanged looks. The boys were with my brother Eli somewhere in this damn city. 

I know Giovanni is cheating on me. Granted I haven't actually caught him, but I just know he is. I know my man, and something about him is off. It's another bitch somewhere. I know yall thinking why won't you leave, but I love him man! 

I was knocked out of my thoughts by a loud ass woman's voice. "MOMMY'S HOME!"

With thata gorgeous brown-skinned woman waled into the room. She was about 5'8 with her heels on. She had the smoothest brown skin I had ever seen. I'm not sure if she had a weave or if that was her hair, but the shit was flawless. She wore a knee-length black dress with a pair of gold red bottoms. She sat her luggage brown MK purse in Papa Issa's lap.

"Mommy!" Emma squealed.

Me and Sabrina looked at each other and mouthed the word mama with a look of confusion.

The woman ran over and hugged Sho. Sho hugged this woman liked it would be his last.

"Okay uhm I'm not trying to be rude, but no strange woman is going to be clinging to my husband." Sabrina slid herself in between the two.

The woman stepped back and smiled, "Sho I love her already."

She walked over to Gio and combed her fingers through his hair. "So you don't miss your mama Giovanni Issa!"

He laughed and got up to hug the woman. 

"Okay. Okay. I guess me and Juliette are the only people in the dark here."

The woman the sat and requested a glass of moscato from the waitress. "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Tracy Issa also known as the mother of all the Issa children."

Then the woman whom I thought was Gio's mother spoke. "No her name is Tracy Wilson."

"No sweetheart I'm still an Issa. I kept my last name." She responded as she retrieved her drink and sipped it.

Sabrina threw her towel down onto the table. "Hold up! So you telling me that Lisa isn't y'all real mama."

Tracy laughed and scoffed. "Girl hell no. She be playing my role from time to time, but I'm the only mama they have."

"So why weren't you at our wedding!"

I nodded my head in agreement. "Well I was away in Trinidad handling some business, and I wasn't able to make it."