I'm no fool

There were three little piggies; all out and about.

The first one called out, "my house is made of hay, because that's the best way."

The second one yelled, "mine's made of wood. It could withstand an earthquake. Yes it could!"

The third one exclaimed, "mine's made of brick, it could withstand a kick. I'm no fool." He went inside to read a book upon his stool while the stew cooked.

The two little pigs huffed, as mad as could be, and started to plot against him you see.

The big bad wolf smiled with a sigh and stepped out from behind the tree line, "I wouldn't mind helping if needed I be."

When both pigs agreed, he told them his plot. "I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow down your straw."

"Hay," he corrected. "Its strong," he insisted, "as strong as could be. Are you sure your up to the challenge you seek?"

I accept with open arms." He grinned mischievously. "Then you'll go running to second piggy's house and I'll puff and I'll blow it down too."

"Woah! Woah! Woah! We're talking about wood here. It will hold up longer than straw ever could."

"Its hay!"

"Okay. okay. Calm yourselves down. Once second piggy's house is down you two will run over to third's and he'll let you in too. When you get in lock him out. I'll scare him a bit; then you two can let him back in."

"That will teach him a lesson." they all agreed at once.

So the very next day the plan was set in motion. He huffed and puffed and down went the hay. First piggy went running to second piggy's house. Then the wolf huffed and puffed and blew that one down too. They both took off running to third piggy's house. He let them in; they locked him out.

They listened to him squeal and bang on the door.

They broke down laughing until they were sore.

When all went quiet they opened the door a smidge and saw the wolf grinning right back at them. "That was some good dinner," he burped in delight, "I think I'll have seconds or thirds tonight."

They slammed the door and ran to the back, but there stood third piggy alive and well.

"Run! Hurry! We have to go. There's a big bad wolf with teeth to show."

"If you were mad you should have just said. Oh... to let you know the wolf and I are friends. So two little piggies let me just say the next time you plot against me it won't end this way. You lost both your houses this time around, so go rebuild and have a goodnight. I'm not a fool, " he oinked, "I'm actually quite bright."