Chapter 1: The Departure

"Do I have to go?" I asked my mom while looking worried.

"Yes, You have to leave." My mom said.

"Why?"I asked sadly.

"Honey, I'm financially Unstable right now, and if I keep supporting you on a one person budget, I'll never be stable financially so your moving to your Dad's House in Woodland County. On the bright side you're starting school as soon as the other students start." Mom said.

I looked so disappointed because I would have to leave my friends and finds some news ones, but I would mostly miss the marching band.

I just hope that their school and marching band is decent. I played Tenor Sax when I started marching.

To be honest our band was decent enough to get all-superior ratings, but we weren't able to get any place higher than Fifth Place.

Most of the people at our school said we sucked.

"Alrighty then, let's get you to your Dad's" Mom said while hurrying to the fully loaded car.

I hurried along with her.

Whenever we got settled, we started heading towards Woodland.

It was a good two and a half hours from here. I fell asleep for most of the trip.

We finally arrived into the heart of Woodland. I had expected it to be a big city, but it was like a semi-small town. It had some run down buildings. The town looked like it went out in the 80s.

We drove by the school. The School looked fairly decent, but old.

We finally made it to my Dad's house. His house looked very nice. I think he's probably a rich guy.

"Well, Here we are." My Mom said sadly with tears in her eyes.

I gave her a big hug and kissed her on her forehead.

"I love you, Mom. I'll be fine" I said Holding here tightly in my arms.

My dad came out the house.

"Son!" He exclaimed with a big white grin on his face.

He was so happy to see me. I guess he missed me so much since he hasn't seen me in twelve years.

He grabs to give me a big hug almost choking me. I started chuckling.

"I'm so glad to see you. You've grown up so fast." He said with a tears or joy look on his face. He greeted my mom.

"Hi Betty. You still look very nice too" he said humorously.

"Please take good care of Jason, Daniel." She said with tears still rolling down her cheeks.

"I promise I won't let anything happen to him." He said while looking at me.

"Jason I have to hurry back home. I have some business I need to handle. Promise me that you'll at least try to come visit me." She said

"I promise, Mom" I said

"Well, Let's get your bags in the house, and then after that we can get you enrolled and catch-up on old times." He said with excitement.

"Sure. That'll be fun!" I said with a nervous grin on my face.

We got the bags out of the car and we head inside. When I was halfway outside, I looked outside and waved goodbye to my mom as she leaves the driveway.

When I first entered the house it looked amazing. The inside of the house looked it should be a no kids allowed zone or something.

I found out that my dad has great taste in decor. I liked the design of the entire house.

I followed my dad upstairs, and he showed me my room.

"Well, Here we are!" He said.

The room was medium-sized. I was a lot bigger than my old room.

"I'll leave you alone and let you get settled in then later on we'll get you enrolled in school." He said normally.

I nodded.

"Sounds like a great idea."

"Okay. We'll leave round 12:00pm. Until then, Make yourself at home." Dad said.

Dad finally leaves the room. Closing the door behind him.

I had sat down on the soft bed. I started thinking about all the people I left in Oakland. I just hope that Mom would be ok without me, and I'll be okay without her.

I slowly drifted off to take a nap.