Chapter 2: The Enrollment

Dad quietly came in the room. He woke me up so we could go to the school so I could get registered.

We hoped in the car and headed off to the school. Dad and I barely talked on the way there because I was still sleepy.

On the way over there I was kinda nervous because I wondered if the people at this school were good, bad, or just plain weird even though there's nothing wrong with being weird. I'm weird myself.

I was also wondering if there Marching Band was a Corp-Style or Show-Style Band. I really hope there Band is a Corp-Style Band.

"Dad, Have you seen the Woodland High School Marching Band?" I asked nervously.

"Yea I've seen them a couple of times, also I heard there band is pretty decent. So you're gonna enjoy being in this band. The program is ran by Mr.Scott." My Dad said with his eyes glued to the road.

"Plus the band just bought new uniforms."

" Woah! I might like this band." I said with excitement even though I was still sleepy.

"Dad, I want to tell you something." I said nervously.

"What is it, son?" Dad said

"I'm attracted to guys and girls." I said while my heart started pounding.

"Oh really?"Dad asked.

"I'm sorry, but that's how I am." I said without trying to cry.

"It's ok, Jason. I'm not gonna disown you or anything. I'll always love and support you." Dad said putting his hand around my shoulder.

"Thanks, Dad. I'll always love you too."

"Well...Does your mom know about this?" He asked.

"No. I was scared to tell her. I didn't want her upset." I said.

"Oh. Why did you want to tell me?" He also asked.

"Well since I'm moving in with you, I wanted to let you know some things about me. This was one of them." I answered.

"Okay. Well If there's anything you want to talk about I'm here." Dad said.

We finally arrived at the school. Once we got inside, the building was huge. The office was on left.

The inside of the office looked very nice. The room was colored with a tan kind of paint. It smelled like coffee in there too.

"Excuse me, ma'am. I'm here to register my son into Woodland High School." My Dad said Formally.

"Okay sir. Fill out this paper work and once you're finished we'll set up his schedule, and don't worry we have a lot of classes and electives to choose from."

"Oh how rude of me. My name is Gina Brown. Just call me Jean." She asked brightly.

"Okay, Jean. I'm Daniel and this is my son Jason." Dad said with a smile.

"Nice to meet you two, and don't worry Jason. You're gonna love it here. I hope you're excited about becoming A Raging Orange Rocket this year." Gina said with a white smile.

I smiled back at her.

Dad and I sat down at the nearest table to fill out my schedule form.

********************************

After we got finished filling out the form, we took the paperwork back to Gina.

On a side note: I loved Gina's outfit. It was Orange and white sun dress with white flip flops. Anyways back to the story.

She printed out a final copy of my schedule.

Schedule for 1st semester:
*1st History
*2nd English
*3rd Geometry
*4a Martial Arts
*4b Band

"Alright, guys. That's everything. First day of school starts in 2 weeks." Gina informed us.

"Okay, Gina. Thanks for everything." My Dad said with a slight grin on his face.