Chapter 4: The Truth

Dad and I walked out the diner, and got in the car. On our way home, Dad started a conversation with me.

"Are you excited for school in a couple of weeks?" He asked.

"I don't know. To be honest I'm very nervous." I said.

Dad put his hand my shoulder and said,"Listen. I've been through the same thing as you. I know it's hard starting at new school with people you've never seen before, but you will be more familiar with the people around in the long run."

We stopped at a red light. I started to think it was the right to tell my Dad the truth about me. My heart started beating so fast when I opened my mouth to tell him.

"Dad, There's something I need to tell you." I said with deep fear. 

"What is it, Son?" He asked.

" I have a crush on the waiter that took our orders at diner." I said.

After I said that, My Dad's eyes were wide open. I think he was just very shocked, not angry.

"You like guys?" He asked.

"Well guys and girls, but I lean over to the guy side more. I'm sorry for being a disappointment to you." I said while tears were rolling down my cheek.

"Don't be sorry, Jason. You're still my one and only son, and I still love you. Don't think that you being bi-sexual will affect our relationship. If anyone messes with you because of this let me know, I'll handle it." He said while rubbing my back.

"Thanks, Dad. You're the best Dad in the world." I said happily.

My Dad and I smile at each other.

"Does your mom know about this." He asked.

"Yes, but she thought it was just a phase." I explained.

"Oh okay." He said.

I was so happy that he was okay with me liking guys. I think I'm gonna like it here, and I can't to see Tyler later on today.

*******************************************