The Birthday I Would Not Forget

Tracy and I have the same birthdates while Dwayne's is the day after. Christmas is in the air! The tenth of December is my special day.

"Hey Blake, wake up!" I heard Steven say. "Shut up." I said. "But it's your birthday!" He said. Huh? I looked at the calendar. December 10! I ran out my door. "Bro, calm down!" He said. "I can't!"

"Good morning Blake!" I heard mom say. "And omelette for the boy." "Yesss!" I said. "And your birthday party will be here." While I was eating I had this feeling that I forgot something. Wait a minute, Tracy! "O crap!" I ate my omelette really fast. Then I ran out the door.

I ran to her house as fast as I could.

When I finally arrived, I yelled , "Trace!" She peaked out her window. "Blake!" She replied. "Hey let's celebrate our birthdays." "Okay." She went downstairs and out the door. "So let's go to a cafe for drinks." She suggested. " Okay."

We went downtown to our favorite coffee place. When we arrived we took a seat and the waiter took our order. "I would like a chocolate smoothie and Tracy, what do you want?" I asked. "Oh, a strawberry smoothie please." She said. Then the waiter walked into the back.

When we got our orders, we hung out the whole morning.

When it was afternoon, it was time for the party. When everyone arrived, we gathered near my cake and sang Happy Birthday. Then I blew my candle. And so did Tracy.

"Dwayne!" I yelled. "Blake!" He said. "Hey I want to show you something at night." He said. "Okay." I replied.

When night came, he lead me to the roof of my house. When I finally got up, I saw the most beautiful thing I saw. The city was lit up with beautiful lights and it was totally lit up. "Blake, do you still remember the time when we met?" He asked. "Oh yeah!"

--Flashback 10 years ago--

The second day of preschool. Our teacher told us to bring to school our favorite toy. So I brought my toy car.

When I arrived at school, I saw a lot of kids with their toys. And I saw a kid with a really nice toy. It was a shiny red truck that I wanted ever since I saw it at the mall.

When we finished our activity, I was playing with my car. But when I was playing, it flew from my hand and when it fell, it broke. The wheel, windows, everything!

"Wah! Wah!" I cried. "My toy! My toy!" Everyone was just looking at me. "Waaah!" But there was someone who came up to me. "Hey, do you want to play with my toy?" He asked. It was the boy with the truck.

"Yes please." And I stopped crying.

"My name is Dwayne." He said. "I'm Blake." "Hey you want to come to my house?" Dwayne asked. "Okay."

When I arrived at his house he led me to the roof. And I saw the most beautiful thing I saw. The city.

--Back to normal--

"We have been through a lot since we met right?" Dwayne asked. "Yeah." "But I have some bad news." He said. "I'm leaving Teleford."

"What!" I said. "But that means-" "Yes, I'm going to another university." "Why?" I asked, shedding a tear. "My dad found work in the USA and he wants us to go there." Then I burst out in tears.

"There, there." He said, trying to comfort me. "We'll always be friends right?" "Yeah, it's just the first time I'm going to lose someone. And why does it have to be you?" I said sobbing. "I'm sorry but I have to go soon." Then he left.