I love surprises... until now

It was a day after they took the bullet out. I had a futuristic cast on my shoulder and I am eating my cereal. I hear in the past they used to have crappy hospital food. Now patients kind of lived like kings. "I would hate to live in 2018," I say to myself. I finally get done and I turn on the TV just by looking at it. I watch TV for a while until I remember about Pen. I quickly jump out of my bed and go to the front desk. "Excuse me do you know where someone named Pen Millar is?" I ask the nurse. "She is in room 17." She says. "Thank you," I say. I walk away and go into room 17. She looks at me and smiles when I come in. "Hey, you OK?" I ask. "Yeah, you?" She half-whispers. "Yeah, pretty fine but I just hope we can get out of here soon. I hear many stories of Doctor's killing the patients with the special clothing." I say. "Wow, well there is not a good chance of that happening." She says. "Yeah, I hope so," I say. We stay quiet for a few minutes until for some reason Doctor Brown walks in. "Hello, Pen and Jed." He says. "Hello, how are you?" I ask. "Very good. You?" He asks. "Pretty good. You look very excited." I say. "Yeah, today is the day I retire." He says. "Oh, that is nice," I say quietly. "I am about to go. I am gonna clear my office in the morning and I just wanted to say hope you two get better." He says. "Well, thank you," I say. "You are very welcome." He says while walking out. A few minutes I leave her room and I walk out of Pens room. I couldn't wait till I got out of here. But it was an honor to meet Doctor Brown. The only Doctor in Pem to never have killed anyone. Not even by accident. I get to my room and I start watching TV. I switch it to The Daily Pem. Or known as TDP. "Doctor Brown has just retired at the age of 75. Many people are excited for him but are also sad that he will no longer be a Doctor. Some people are also afraid cause they think he might start killing. And because he is so popular and famous he has saved around 500,000 people. We cannot know for sure." The reporter says. I turn off the TV and think about what they said. What they said was completely rubbish. Doctor Brown would never murder. He didn't save his kills to murder people. Instead, he just thinks it is wrong. I know the Media was always stupid, but not this stupid. I get out of bed. I wanted to walk around the hall for a few to take energy out of me so I could go to sleep easier. I look through Doctor Brown's office and open his door. Huh, he must have left it open and the light on. I stupidly go into his office and look around. just a bunch of stuff in boxes. I sit in his chair. It is said the chair costs around 300,000. I see a bed sheet covering a board. I wanted to know what the board had on it. I didn't know why. Without any more hesitation, I tug on the bed sheet hard and I look at the top of the board. In big giant red letters in caps, it says "TARGETS!" I look at the bottom pictures and I see one face in each picture. I then look at the top of the board and there is a picture of Pen as the first one. And then my as the fifth picture. I gulp hard and a big giant chill goes down my spine. I quickly run out of the office and into my room. I couldn't tell anyone. I had to save Pen myself. I had to make sure Doctor Brown never killed any of these people. I slowly walk back to my room shaking too hard. I finally get to my bed thinking of what Doctor Brown was gonna do to all those people. I thought he would never murder. Never even think about it. But I was wrong. I had to stop him. There were two things going on in my exploding mind right now. #1 I had to stop Doctor Brown. And #2 how darn comfortable that darn flipping chair was. Good thing the Doctor Brown thing was the first thing on my mind. But I still thought about that chair. It was worth tons of money and had the best technology to it. I walk through the halls and finally get to Pen's room. I sit on a chair in her room hoping she might wake up. She fell asleep but I didn't want to bother her. I get up and sit on the edge of her bed with my back facing her. I think of Doctor Brown. But then that chair pops into my mind again. I couldn't believe that a flipping chair was the second thing on my mind. Very close to the first thing on my mind. And that I was thinking about that darn chair instead of figuring out how to stop thousands of murders. The best part about me planning to defeat Doctor Brown was that he could not use bombs. It would destroy property. You could use 10 kills to destroy a big piece of the ground, 25 kills for a small house or apartment, 50 kills for something the size of a medium house, and then 100 kills to be able to destroy something in a 200-foot radius. You could never pay kills to destroy something bigger. So, he could not just blow up cities. Cause a city is not a 200 block radius. Except, if he used enough of his kills he could blow up a few cities cause he can just blow up spots in the city of a 200 block radius. Then boom! He used tons of kills. But I don't think he has the money to get enough bombs for that. I look at the ceiling but I then scream loud and jump off the bed cause Pen screamed in my ear and scared me hard. I turn around. "What the heck!" I say kind of yelling. "Theres plently more where that came from." She says jokingly. I quickly remember when I scared her. "OK, I guess I deserved that." I say. "You GUESS?" she asks. "OK, I definitly deserved that." I say. "Apology accepted ya jerk." She says jokingly. I look at my watch. 9:30. "Hey, Pen I have to go back to my room. I will see you tomorrow." I say. "OK, see you tomorrow." She says. I walk back into my room. I was gonna have to tell her tomorrow. Tomorrow... would be the day I would tell her and save her.