Once upon a time

BOOK 2

CHAPTER 40 - ONCE UPON A TIME

SILVIA'S POV

"How do you feel?" I asked, just to think of him other than of ... well, whatever, I'm not ... thinking about anything that isn't good today. I know she wouldn't ... uh, back to Jake. Jake is the main thought. Just Jake.

Just my-uh ... friend slash not exactly but soon-ish boyfriend that I was wheeling around the hospital's park. This hospital is so damn high level that they actually have a park, a real, large park with fountains and all. Not even my hometown has a park like this.

"Like I got where I was headed."

I frowned, stopping the wheelchair. "What?"

"Well, you know, ever since I was a teenager, I started thinking I would wind up like this someday." Jake claimed with a careless shrug.

"In a wheelchair?"

"Either that or in a body bag. To be honest, I was betting on body bag."

What ... I stepped in front of him, eyebrows furrowed. "Okay, if this is one of your dark humor jokes, it's not funny, Jake, not at all. Not ..." I took a deep breath. Hold it together, Silvia, hold it together, damnit. Stop crying like a baby every goddamn time. "Not today ..." I took a deep breath. "But if this is a serious statement, then we really need to talk about it."

Jake cracked a small smile, grabbing my hand to pull me onto this lap. "Sorry, I wasn't thinking." He claimed, pecking my lips. "But it's fine ... it's a ... nice day. Of course, for a first date I'd have preferred a better place, but I guess I can make do."

I chuckled, wrapping my arms around him as I kissed him just a little deeper. "You're such a jerk."

"I am the King of Jerks. The Emperor of Jerks." He laughed. "Emperor Jake of Jerkville. Yeah, it does sound good."

I rolled my eyes, but secretly smiled. "I see ... pain killers again, huh?"

"You can be my queen." He kissed me, wrapping his arms around me. "No, wait, Empress. You can be my Empress. Empress Silvia of Jerkville."

"Mmh ... I don't like the sound of that."

He grinned childishly. "Yeah, no, right?" Jake captured my lips in his one more time. "Maybe you can be the empress of the nearby empire, like ... Empress Silvia of Smokesville."

"Smokesville?"

"Yeah, because you're so smoking hot ..."

I had to pulled back at that one. I laughed so hard, I nearly fell off his lap. "Seriously?" I cracked up. "That's not even a lame joke, it's just ... plain douche. Like ... sad and drunk douchebag at the bar pickup line kind of douche. You can do better than that."

"Well, in my defense, I'm high on pain killers, so ..."

I huffed. "You're gonna play that card until you're healed, aren't you?"

"Well, if you're my nurse, I'm never gonna heal ..." He nonchalantly slipped a hand to my butt while he leaned in to kiss me, and I slapped it away, obviously.

"Keep it clean for once."

"Clean?" He scoffed, pulling me into him, despite the pain at his shoulder. "You know that even only you sitting on my lap has given me a freaking boner, right? And you wanna keep on giving me blue balls? I'm gonna explode by the end of the month."

"Ryan resisted." I pointed out, just to tickle his pride a little.

Jake glared at me, and I tried not to laugh. "Sir Douche is a eunuch then."