Time for truth

If you have a better title for the chapter, please suggest it :)

CHAPTER 50 -  TIME FOR TRUTH

JAKE'S POV

My head shot back against my chair, I stared at the ceiling, thinking or trying not to, despite all the paperwork I had to get through by the end of the day. I barely heard a light knock on the door. I didn't even answer, but I heard it be opened and closed calmly, clear sign someone had just come in.

I didn't even need to look. I've memorized her step ever since I started forcing myself to look away when she walked out of my office, just not to stare shamelessly at her ass. Just a precaution.

After that time she went out, and a new author I had to interview came in. God, the most embarrassing 30 minutes of my life, with me remaining stubbornly seated not to let him know I had a painful boner down there. Had it been a woman, I wouldn't have minded, sure, she would have gotten the wrong idea, but it would have been flattering for her. A man? If he was straight, he'd have looked at me funny, if he was gay, he'd have been flattered. Either way, I'd have had a hard time explaining.

Then there was that time when this 20-years-old girl came to be interviewed for an internship ... that got interesting, though. I mean, she didn't get the internship, but I did get some nice moments in my car in the parking lot, you know. Of course, I made sure she wasn't suited for the job before engaging in such experience. I am supposed not to mingle with my employees, remember?

Duh. Like I've even ever respected that rule.

I mean, only last night I made the most intense love to my translator, I took her virginity. If that's not mingling, then I don't know what is.

The worst part is not having disobeyed my uncle, I do that on a regular basis, who the hell cares. The worst part was leaving her bed barely an hour later.

I've learned to tell her steps from the others, and I've also learned that she'll keep her natural pace even though she's pissed, same goes for her countenance. That's why she looked perfectly calm when she slammed her papers onto my desk.

"Good morning, boss. Here's the translation you asked, and the edited version of the original text." Silvia informed me with a wide smile that brimmed with anger, to the point that she looked ... almost psychotic. I was kinda scared, can't deny it.

I barely had time to nod as she filled me in on the things she'd changed in the text. Her voice was professional, and to someone that doesn't know her it might have sounded just that, but I knew all too well that she was concealing a furious rage behind a mellifluous tone.

I squirmed in my seat, like a 5-year-old being told off and grounded for stealing his uncle's clothes to give them to charity. Yeah, I did that. Mom grounded me for a whole week, uncle Keith wanted to blow my head off, but dad secretly laughed it off with me, confessing he used to do pranks to his brother, too.

The enraged angel with horns in front of me right now however, she was a whole different thing. Her face shifted from fake smile to murderous glare. "And this ..." She raised her voice while reaching for her back pocket. "This is the wallet you left at my place when you so clumsily sneaked out my bed in the middle of the night." She spelled and hissed almost every word at the same time, her face livid, as she indeed slammed my wallet onto my desk.

You know that feeling you get when you know you've done something wrong and you've just been busted? Yeah, I got that. I swear, I felt shivers down my spine. She looked like a bull that had just seen red, a hungry wolf about to devour her prey.