Two Months ago.

"Babe what are you doing?" I turned to look at him with his sweet smile and beautiful blue eyes.

"Nothing babe, I'm just making sure we have everything before we go," I smile at him.

"Well, I'll be in the car because I'm keen and I'm so excited for today," he leaned forward grabbing me gently by my hips and kisses my forehead before he grabs his hat to walk out the door. I grab my handbag and follow behind him locking the door as I leave. I always loved his car the perfect cherry red colour with white racing stripes, I never liked the stripes but he liked it so that was good enough for me. I open the car door and place my bag on the floor and climb in putting my seat belt on and closing the car door. I look at him as he started the car and pulls out of the driveway.

"So if everything goes to plan we should be at Simpson's gap in about 15-20 minutes," he placed his hand on my thigh paying attention to the road.

"I know, I have been there before, it's rather beautiful. We should have a look at the gift shop, I've never been in there before" I smile feeling the butterfly's in my stomach as I place my hand on top of his.

"Sure babe anything you for," he shoots me a quick smile before turning his attention back to the road.

"We're here babe" he says as he parks the car. "Where would you like to have lunch?"

I give the area a quick look around before noticing a nice picnic table under the shade "what about over there," I say as I point to the table.

"You grab the small stuff and I'll be over with the rest," he looks at me and then leans in and kisses me "I love you," he says with a smile on his face looking right into my eyes.

"I love you too," I whisper back before opening the car door and heading towards the table with our lunch.

I set up the table so it was ready for us to dish lunch out and get straight into eating it. I served myself some pasta salad and a piece of steak from the BBQ we had last night. I sit and eat as I watch the birds fly from tree to tree and fight over a piece of bread, I look over and see another couple a much older couple with 3 young kids who are playing tag in the summer light. I glance at my partner and think to myself "I am so lucky" I look up and see the clear blue sky and embrace the cool wind blowing through my hair.

"Hey babe we should go have a look down near the water, take some pictures," he muffles with a mouth full of food.

"Sure babe, eat your lunch first," I smile and stand up and start packing everything away and placing all the rubbish in the bin. By the time I am done I turn around to see him standing right behind me so close I could smell him. He smiles at me and leans down and kisses me again I kiss him back as he grabs my hand and we begin walking down a sand path. We walked for about 10 minutes before we found the water we were looking for.

"Come here so I can take a picture of us together," I say pulling him closer to the water.

I pull my phone out and switch it to selfie mode before making multiple pictures.

"Stay there so I can get a picture of you by the water," he says as he lets go of my hand and begins walking backwards as I turn my back to him so I can look at the beautiful surroundings.

"Hey babe..." he stopped before letting out a high pitch scream and as I turned to face him. There was another person tearing away at his stomach and throat I screamed and began to run.