Chapter 1

They say to have a good story you need experience. Experience in love, break ups, pain and suffering, and anything that might set you back or put you forward. No one wants to know about how your day at school went if nothing good or bad happened. If you told them the same thing happened as every other day, then no one would listen. So although I don't agree that you have to have complete experience in your life to have a good story to tell, I do believe that it counts for something. And I hope that my experience here can only be reflected as good, and that you will be able to learn from what I tell you; her story.

This is a story about an average girl from England called Ivy. I guess the name makes her seem bad because ivy is usually a poisonous plant, but I can assure you she is far from bad. Ivy is not a poisonous plant, she is a beautiful girl who gives but never takes, she seeks but never steals, and I'm a blessed to know her.

The first day I met Ivy she was the one girl who stood out from the crowd among the surge of blondes who wore minimal clothing and threw away their innocence in sex, drugs and alcohol. She was quite literally walking into the room when I first noticed her for the first time. I mean, really notice her. Her short brunette hair was a contrast to the brightly lit room that surrounded. The was wearing black jeans and a striped black and white top, with a grey zip up hoodie over the top. She didn't have any make up on, which was obvious due to the array of orange that otherwise blinded me. When she slowed down as she approached me, at first I thought she was going to talk to me. I'm not surprised when she didn't. I was that kind of boy you see in those American films. You know, the abnoxious jock who is either wanted to be or wanted by everyone. That same boy who would push the nerdy kid out the way if he was stood where I wanted to go, or even if he was where I didn't want to go. I don't know how I got myself to be that way, but this story is not about me, it's about her. Back to where I was, she just patiently waited for me to move and didn't hum a sound until I eventually moved out of her way. She waited a few seconds, before finally going over to her locker. All the blondes around us were just looking as if they were waiting for something to happen. But nothing did happen. She got her things out of her locker and went on her way, and for some reason that intrigued me that she wouldn't speak up to me or even ask me to move. I jumped off the table I was only recently sitting on and followed her into the hallway of the busy school.

"Hey. Hey, wait up!" I called to her, hoping she'd realise I was talking to her. But she didn't even flinch and continued to walk away from me. I picked up my pace and half jogged towards her. When I finally got to her, after having pushed several of the annoying younger students out the way, I grabbed her arm as gently as I could. With the gesture she quickly turned around and raised her eyebrows in shock.

"Hey, why didn't you ask me to move when I was in front of your locker?" I asked, trying to be a little bit intimidating to cover up the fact that all I was really focusing on was how big and beautiful her eyes were, and how they were captivating me.

"I, um. Ha, well I didn't want to rude and make you move. You looked like you wanted to stand there," she spoke, her words softly laced with the gentle hum in the way that the birds tweet in the morning under the fresh sun. I watched her lips as she was talking, admiring the way they only thinned into a line when she had finished.

"It wouldn't have been rude, you should've asked!" I smiled my half smile and crossed my arms loosely at my chest.

"Oh. Well I'll make sure that I ask if it happens again." She smiled back but only for a brief second before she turned around and walked away from me.

"Wait!" I shouted again, desperately trying not lose the image of her in my mind. She was beautiful in a different way. Her eyes were big and brown and although she wore no make up her eyelashes were still long and fluttering. Her nose was quite small, almost a delicate feather that sat on the centre of her face. And her lips were plump and a subtly deep shade of red/pink and formed perfectly beneath the indent under her nose. I noticed how her face was free from spots and freckles and the only thing that lay on it was two small dimples either side of her dainty smile. She didn't stop when I called louder and continued to walk around the corner towards the maths block of the building. I hated her ignorance then, and only wished she would turn back to talk to me. I never knew what I wanted to achieve by talking to her but I wanted to keep talking. The few words that she said had been enough to get me interested in the mystery of herself. I found myself walking back to the form room, thinking about her and each little detail that I swore to myself I would never forget. It's cringey to think that I wanted to remember that on meeting someone for the first time, but she had truly captivated me on a scale I was not familiar with. It was the fact that she was different that made me notice her in the first place. I'm not saying she was completely different from the rest, but she was just different in the best way there can be. I wasn't familiar with someone who wouldn't say anything to me or stand up to me because everyone knew I was a dick and that was enough to make everyone stand up to me. Only until I would out speak them and make them cower away from me.