Teddy Duchamp - Can't Sleep

Your P.O.V

I bent over, looking next to the tracks were Gordie and Vern lay helpless and exhausted. They had just done the ultimate train dodge as we were crossing the long bridge and a train came along. I swear that was the most terrifying thing to ever happen to me. 

"At least now we know when the next train was due." Chris jokes. I look at him. We all start laughing. I know, it wasn't really that funny but I think we all just needed to get the shock out of our bodies by doing something funny. Vern and Gordie got up and we headed onwards. 

Eventually, it began to get dark so we found a clearing in the forest, still near the tracks, and set up camp. It wasn't really that hard though, just roll out the mats and sleeping bags, then throw some sticks in a pile. 

The boys and I began to talk about random stuff.

"Micky's a mouse, Donald's a duck, Pluto's a dog, what's Goofy?" Gordie asked.

"If I can have only one food for the rest of my life? That's easy. PEZ. Cherry flavoured PEZ." Vern interrupts. We all roll our eyes and ignore him.

"Goofy's a dog. He's definitely a dog." Teddy confirms, taking a smoke of his cigarette.

"He can't be a dog. He wears a hat and drives a car!" Chris exclaims, also taking a smoke.

"God, that's weird! What the hell is Goofy?" Vern asks, completely bewildered and confused. Classic Verno.

"Guys, Goofy is definitely a dog. It's just a TV show, it's not real, so it doesn't matter if he drives a car and wears a hat." I tell them. Teddy smirks at me, Chris and Gordie nod and Vern just sits there as the thought dawns on him. I smirk at them all as they realise that I have once again solved their problems.

"What would you ever do without me!" I smirk. Chris looks at me dead in the eye.

"We can fend for ourselves! You just never let us prove it!" He smirks back. Then he tackles me, pinning my arms and legs to the floor. "Come on Y/N, take it back." Chris warns, grinning while the other boys laugh.

"Yeah, come on Y/N, really it's the other way round. What would you ever do without us!" Teddy said while letting out one of his loud cackles.

I stare at Chris in the eye. "Watcha gonna do to me if I don't take it back Chambers?" I ask while smirking because I know he wouldn't actually do anything. He's my best friend. He'd never hurt me. He grins.

"Maybe I'll just have to carry you back to the river and throw you in!" He decides, getting off me and picking me up, throwing me over his shoulder. We hadn't walked far from the river when it had begun to get dark so it's not that far away. 

"You wouldn't!" I dare him, knowing he actually would.

"You know I would." He replies, the other boys all laughing. He begins to walk away from camp a couple steps.

"Fine! I take it back!" I exclaim. He laughs contentedly, turns back around and puts me down. I sit on my mat. "You guys are mean! You can't treat a girl like that! How will you ever get girlfriends?" I tell them, laughing at the same time. 

*Time skip brought to you by the leeches*

We were all lying down on our mats, nearly asleep when we heard it. The sounds of screeches and screams. I completely flipped out and jumped up and ran over to Teddy's mat without thinking and hugged him, trying to comfort myself.

"See, we told you you needed us. Especially me, for all your dirty needs!" Teddy cackles. I sit up and push him away from me.