Ace Merrill - Jerk

Your P.O.V

I was walking down the street towards the shop to buy some more milk from the store when I noticed Ace and Eyeball, two stupid guys in my grade, bullying two younger kids. I knew one of them was Eyeball's brother and think that it's just wrong to bully your own brother like that. I glared at the side of Ace's face as I stormed over to them from across the road. He had pushed Eyeball's brother onto the concrete and was about to burn his face with a cigarette butt. That was until I gripped Ace's shoulders from behind, catching him by surprise, and managing to throw him off of the poor kid. I then stood between the two pairs.

"What the hell?" Ace said. I just glared at him.

"I don't want any of you two laying a finger on these two again! Do you understand?" I said to him. He just smirked.

"What's it to you pretty girl? Watcha gonna do? Pinch us?" Eyeball asked, laughing. 

"He's your brother you jerk! Grow a pair and actually try to do something useful and maybe stop letting your jerk friend here beat him up!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air. He just smirked at me when Ace put a hand up. For a second I thought he was gonna slap me, but then I realised that he was just holding it there, telling me to wait.

"You think I'm a jerk?" He asked, trying to sound intimidating but I could hear the slight disappointment in his tone.

"You know you're a jerk Ace." I said flatly. By now the two younger kids had ran off. I turned around and headed back towards the store for the milk I came for.

Ace's P.O.V

I just stared at the back of her head with a dumbfounded expression on my face. She was the one girl in the whole school that didn't want to date me, yet I wanted to date her. But she hates me.

"Ace, what the fuck man? You let that stupid girl get in the way of beating the shit out of my brother?" Eyeball asked. This made me angry.

"Don't call Y/N stupid Eyeball." I said quietly, then I turned around and kicked a trash can over in frustration.

"Dude! Chill!" Eyeball said to me. I just glared at him.

"Why doesn't she like me man? I want her so bad but she doesn't want me!" I exclaim. He just raises an eyebrow at me.

"You have a crush?" He asks me. I just throw my cigarette on the floor and storm off. In the direction of Y/N. I wait for her outside the store and when she comes out and sees me, she begins to turn away and walk in the opposite direction.

"Wait! Y/N!" I exclaim. She turns around.

"What in hell could you possibly want from me Ace?" She asks annoyed. You know what I'm no pussy, I'm just gonna go right out there and say it.

"You know what Y/N. I like you. I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually like you." I say then walk away. 

Y/N's P.O.V

I just stood there, completely confused. Ace. Ace Merrill, who is always wanting to just play around with girls for fun but never actually cared about them, the guy who beats people up and plays stupid games and is the most feared guy in town, likes me. I decided to do something brave.

"Ace! Wait!" I called, he turned around with an expectant look on his face. "Prove it." I said once I had walked back over to him.

"Prove what?" He asked. "I already told you that I-"

"No, not that. Prove to me that you can actually be a good boyfriend and a nice person, and that you can respect what I am comfortable with and what I'm not comfortable with. Prove that." I challenged him. He just smirked.

"I love a good challenge." 

And that was the beginning of a new side to Ace Merrill.