Chapter IV

The final bell rings, and Natsuki is glad to be done with the school day. However, she's even happier to get to go to the Literature Club. She practically bounces down the hallway to get to the club room, where she finds herself the second one to arrive, after of course Monika. Sayori arrives shortly after, and after that Natsuki waits for Yuri. She arrives after a few minutes, and as soon as she walks on the door Natsuki rushes over and gives her a kiss.

"Hey there, Yuri!" Natsuki says, glad to see her girlfriend for the first time in hours.

"Natsuki... good to see you." Yuri says, hugging Natsuki passionately for a bit longer after the kiss ends.

"I'm so glad to see you... so, so happy..." She continues. After a few more seconds, she pulls away. "Sorry... I just had kind of a rough day..."

"Aw, what happened?" Natsuki asks.

"Oh, you know... just schoolwork." Yuri responds.

"Really? Well, I guess that's just what happens when you're in honors classes."

"I suppose... well, um... We should get started on some clubwork." Yuri says.

"Ah, I suppose so." Natsuki says. While there is no work to speak of, the girls each of something to do. Sayori and  Morp are working on a school project in the back corner, Monika is reading to herself, and Yuri and Natsuki go to the back to read a new manga Natsuki picked out. They sit down on the floor next to each other, taking a position they're very familiar with by now: Yuri holding the left part of the book, and Natsuki holding the right. They wait for each other to be done reading a page before turning it to the next. Natsuki, being more familiar with manga, at first read much quicker than Yuri, but now Yuri is catching up to her speed. Similarly, Natsuki has been reading novels almost at Yuri's speed in recent days.

Yuri puts her free arm around Natsuki as the two read. Natsuki blushes and puts her head on Yuri's shoulder. This is all to familiar to them, and Natsuki thinks to the sleepover they had as they prepared for the festival. "That was such a lovely night..." she thinks. She looks up at Yuri and nuzzles her.

"Ah... Natsuki..." Yuri says.

"Sorry... Just thinking about the time I came over before the festival..." Natsuki says.

"Oh, yeah... I know what you're talking about. That was a nice night... it was actually the day before that one that I fell in love with you..." Yuri says, recalling the events as if they had taken place long ago in her past, though they occurred merely a week ago.

"Really? I don't really know when I fell in love with you... I think it might've been that night, but I might have been in denial." Natsuki responds.

"It's possible. You tend to deny lots of things." Yuri says, laughing a little.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" Natsuki says.

"Nothing... just a joke." Yuri responds.

"Hmph..." Natsuki says, putting on her usual "angry face," but still resting her head on Yuri's shoulder. She feels tired, and she yawns.

"Hey, Yuri..."

"Yes?"

"I'm gonna just fall asleep on you, now..."

Before Yuri can say anything, Natsuki has already fallen asleep.