Fly Away

"I'm dreaming of a place to start again."

===

Luke stared at the computer screen, thinking over every consequence this action would have. Did he want to risk his success for a small break from the fame? Did he want to surround himself with people who were more than likely going to know who he was? Was he ready to be by himself? With this choice he would be isolated from the outside world, which was what Luke wanted. He was tired of the fame always on him. He was tired of looking on his twitter or instagram and seeing the things he done and people criticizing him for past mistakes. Luke just simply wanted a break. He wasn't going to tell the boys where he was going, he wanted to disappear from the public eye even if it was for a week. A week would seem like a lifetime to him.

Since Luke was sixteen, he's only known fame from what was presented to him. They were crude and judgmental and tracked Luke's moves wherever he went. He grew up in front of the cameras and in a way it shaped who he has become. Luke was shy and afraid of any social interactions with people, now he was seen as cocky, arrogant, stuck up. Something Luke was raised not to be. For six years he molded into what his fans wanted him to be and what his band needed him to be. The frontman. He had to uphold standards that his management set for him and if he didn't, the band would suffer. If Luke slipped up once, his bands reputation would suffer. His band mates, Ashton, Calum, and Michael, didn't have to uphold standards management made for Luke. They've made their mistakes, but considering Luke was the 'face' of the band, the pressure was on him.

Of course the band knew that Luke was the most appreciated and the most loved out of the group, but when Luke got stressed because of his duties, that's when the band would suffer the most. He'd isolate himself and become distant. His bandmates tried to relieve some of the pressure off Luke's shoulders, so the band got a five month break before they had to start writing the next album and start touring again during the summer for festival shows.

Luke spent most of his break, sitting in his house, working on music. He wanted to keep working because he wanted to make his fans proud. He wasn't the most lyrical of the group, but he wanted to prove himself to everyone, but he couldn't find his sound. He couldn't come up with the words needed to express his feelings. When his fingers hit the pen, his mind went blank. The distractions from the outside world harmed Luke's passion. When he lived in Sydney, music and writing came natural to him. When he moved to LA, the distractions overwhelmed him. The temptations of being another LA devotee, were looming in the back of his mind. Luke wanted to break from all these temptations.

He hovered his mouse over the 'book now' button, looking over his information again. With a bite of his lip, he pressed the button, a screen with the words 'Thank You for Choosing Carnival Cruise Lines.' It was a last minute thing, but if Luke wanted to become completely detached from society, going on a cruise was the way to do just that. No cell service, no paps, no detractions. It was the perfect getaway for Luke. With only two months left until their break was over, Luke wanted to find his muse again. Hoping this vacation would help him.

With four weeks until his surprise vacation, Luke just had to keep it a secret for that much longer. He wanted to do this by himself. It had been years since he went on vacation by himself, the first when he went to Perth to visit his grandfather. It had been 10 years since that trip. Luke hated flying by himself in case of mobbing or some catastrophic event that probably wouldn't happen. If Luke got robbed, no one would ever know. These thoughts started running through Lukes head, until he got up from his spot on the couch. Turned the lights off and walked towards his bedroom. The silence, overwhelmed by the anxiety in his head. He wanted to open his computer again and cancel his trip.