The Strange Call

“Dad!” I called down to him from my bedroom

“Yeah” he shouted back

I came down in a thigh length, halter neck, pink and white polka dot dress, white knee high boots, white accessories, a pink hair band so my hair hang loose and my pink Louis Vutton bag.

“You look nice honey” he told me as I entered the kitchen and gave me a peck on my cheek.

“Thanks Dad, where’s Mom?”

“She had an early meeting at work” he said with a sigh.

“I wonder what the sigh was for, maybe I should ask him” I thought

“Toast?” he asked smiling once again

“Sure” I said and sat down at the island and I made a mental note to ask about work later

He placed a plate of toast, bacon extra crispy and fluffy scrambled eggs in front of me and a glass of apple juice.

“Thanks……mmmm” I said as I ate a fork full of eggs “Wow dad these taste amazing”

“Glad you like it, I tried something new with them and now that I got your approval over them I’ll do them at the restaurant.” He said with a huge grin across his face. “By the way where’s your sister?”

“Right here” she said coming into the kitchen and sat down at the island next to me. “Morning sis, morning Dad”

“Morning Brit, you look nice today” he said and I could hear the sarcasm in his voice and I was going to call him on it.

“Dad are you serious, she looks like a walking, talking Christmas tree.

“Rachel!” he shouted

“What, you know it’s true, come on dad don’t deny it”

My sister had on a red V-neck shirt with Elmo planted right in the middle of it that she had tied up at the side, a black Capri pants, green pumps, gold and silver accessories and she was carrying a blue Gucci bag.

Dad gave her the once over then finally caved.

“Ok fine, Britney what’s up with the ridiculous outfit?”

“It’s Ashley and these bets, yesterday she bet me that I couldn’t dress to look like a total clown, so…..” she said and swept her hands over her outfit.

“Well you passed that test, you know what I’ll make a bet with you if Ashley looks worst than you I’ll give you 10 bucks” I told her and held out my hand to shake on it.

“You’re on” she said excitedly and shook my hand. “Dad you’re a witness to this bet”

“I’m not a witness to anything “he said and placed Brit’s plate in front of her and left the kitchen.

“Oh Dad come on” I whined but my father was already up the stairs and getting ready for work.

**My mother works at the Training Centre teaching our kind how to adapt to this world and how to control their  powers and Dad owns a restaurant downtown called Brit and Rach’s and of course we eat free and our close frends get discounts**

“Did you get money?” Brit asked me when we finished eating and were cleaning up.

“No but I plan to when he comes back downstairs” I told her handing her the last plate.

Two minutes later I had my teeth brushed and keys in hand as I waited for Dad to come downstairs.

“Daddy?”