~2~

Ian was getting his stuff ready to go to lunch. Some kids ran past him and knocked him over, but he was so used to it, it didn't really shock him. The cafeteria was near by and he sat down and pulled out his lunch. It was the usual, chips, a sandwich, an apple, and water. the lunchroom started to fill up with students, gradually getting chaotic and loud.

Ian started to imagine what was going on at his old school, he smiled at the thought of him and his friends messing around and having fun. His thoughts were rudely cut off by another boy smacking his lunch tray down followed with "Hey, can I sit here?"

The boy had a thick Australian accent that cought Ian off guard. He just gave a quick nod and went back to eating, Ian looked over and saw the same outfit as the man he saw running this morning. The Australian teenager had the scent of cigarettes stuck to his clothing.

Ian rolled his eyes, he didn't like interacting with people like the one sitting next to him. He grunted before biting into his sandwich once again.

"Can you be any more obvious jeez, like I get I probably look trashy but you can be a little nicer about it." The boy had cought on to Ian's blatant rudeness. I guess this strange man is smarter than he looks, Ian could feel himself fluster from embarrassment.

~

This fellow teenage boy had prick written all over him, but Max wasn't one to judge too often. Seeing the boy's cheeks red with embarrassment made him feel like restarting things on a good note.

Max turned to the still nameless man and stook out his hand. "My name's Max," it took a second for the American to respond, but he awkwardly shook his hand. "Uh, I'm Ian."

Max nodded and bit into his pizza, inbetween bites he asked why he was sitting alone. "Oh, I moved from another town."

Ian looked down and seemed to mutter something under his breath. "Yeah, I know how that feels. I moved from Australia over the summer." Ian spun around to face Max, he seemed shocked at the boy's statement.

"Oh... Shit, that sucks." Ian now didn't seem as much as prick seeming to understand Max a bit more. But Max just shrugged and went back to eating.

They talked for the whole time at lunch and went their separate ways, Max liked Ian. He was a duesh at first, but once he warms up to you he's quit nice to be around.

Ian also attended the same 6th period as him. So they got to know each other even better by the end of the day, walking home together.

Max was glad that he had someone to hangout with.

~

Ian was really happy about having a friend he could relate to, and on the first day of school AND he lived right across the street! They exchanged phone numbers so after Ian did the little about of schoolwork and ate dinner, he tried texting Max. Ian still felt guilty over judging Max, so he tried his best not to offend him.

Hey, it's Ian
...

No response, So he just threw his phone on his bed and went to take a shower. Ian was pleasantly surprised of what was awaiting him...

Max: Hey what's going on

Ian: Talking to you, so nothing much

Max: Oh cool...

The two boys just rambled about bullshit over the phone. Ian looked at the time, 11:26pm.

Ian: Well, I gotta go to bed goodnight

Max: What really?? What does your mom make you go to bed or something

Ian: Uh, no I just like to get good rest. Usually I go to bed at around like 10:30