Chapter 4

Sitting on the counter at Sonic Boom, Austin flipped through a few magazines.

"Austin, you're supposed to be helping." stated Trish, cocking her head to the side, looking curiously at him.

"Oh, sorry Trish." said Austin, putting down the magazine and wiping the windows.

Just then, they heard a loud exclaim from upstairs. Austin ran up the stairs, Trish and Dez folling behind, and opened the door quickly. "Ally, what-?-"

Ally held her phone in her hand, then dropped it. Her mouth open in shock. "M-My dad… he's in the hospital."

"What happened?" asked Trish, peaking from behind Austin.

"Well, my neighbor, Ms. Sally, came over to my house with some baked cookies. She's so sweet. But, when my dad didn't answer, she checked through the window, and that's when she saw my dad, passed out on the floor." replied Ally, a few tears falling from her eyes.

"Lets go check on him." said Austin, wrapping his arms around her and walked out of Sonic Boom.

Once they got there, Ally walked up to the front desk. "I'm here for Lester Dawson. I'm his daughter, Ally."

"Um, he's not available right now." replied the nurse, holding the phone up to her ear.

"Ma'am, that's my father, I would like to see him, now." Ally's voice began to rise with anger.

"I said you'll have to wait." exclaimed the nurse, who was now glaring at Ally.

She huffed away from the desk and sat down, then leaned her head on Austin's shoulder, without realizing it.

Austin, in shock from the feeling of Ally on his shoulder, slowly smiled, leaning his head on hers.

After an hour or so, a man in a white jacket came out and looked at the four teens sitting in the chairs, fast a sleep. He cleared his throat and woke them all at once.

"He's ready to see you now." said the doctor, leading them into Lester's room.

"Hey kiddo." said Mr. Dawson, breathlessly. Ally quickly ran to her dads side, grabbing his hand.

"Are you okay dad?" asked Ally, a light smile on her lips.

He nodded slowly then took a deep breath. Austin, watching all of this, shoved his hands in his pockets and looked at the doctor. "Do they know what caused this?"

"They think it's an overdose of alcohol." replied the doctor, Ally's eyes began to grow wide.

'Oh no..'

"Alcohol?" asked Austin, looking curiously at the doctor.

He nodded. "Yes. Mr. Dawson here had been drinking a large amount of it, and it caused his heart to stop working, which made him collapse."

Austin looked at Ally, shock in his eyes. "Why didn't you tell me Ally?"

"Austin.. I.." stuttered Ally, looking away from his gaze.

"You are very lucky Ally. Now, if he starts drinking again, bring him back." said the doctor before walking out.

Ally nodded and sat down on the couch at the end of her father's hospital bed. Austin asked for Trish and Dez to leave, and they nodded there head and walked out into the hall.

Austin sat beside Ally, noticing her hand was shaking. Slowly, hoping he wouldn't scare her, he slipped her small, frail hand into his.

She looked up at Austin, with small tears falling from her eyes, and she leaned on Austin's shoulder and let them all out.

Austin rubbed Ally's back, shushing her. "Ally, it's okay. It's okay."

Mr. Dawson groaned from his bed, sitting up. Hearing this, Ally gasped and stood from the couch. "Dad, stay in bed, you need rest."

He ignored her command continued to walk towards the door. Ally jumped in front of her dad, stopping him from going any further, but he just shoved her out of the way.

She ran right into Austin, but she quickly ran after her dad. "Dad, stop. You can't just walk out of here."

"Yes, I can." mumbled Lester, continuing to make his way out.

Just then, a few male nurses blocked his way. "Sir, get back to your room please. You need to rest."

"Get the hell out of my way!" exclaimed Lester, punching the two nurses in the nose and mouth.

Ally stood in shock as her dad hit the two nurses. She scurried to help them up, and got them paper towels for their bleeding noses and mouths. She looked up to find her father, but he was already gone.

After searching for an hour with no signs of her father, Ally sighed. She unlocked the door to Sonic Boom, and sat at the piano.

'Why would he do this? It's not like him to act this way..' Thought Ally. 'He wouldn't hit a nurse, let alone another person. This drinking thing has gotten way out of hand. He needs to stop."

Just then, a loud crash is heard from upstairs. Following the sound, Ally opens the door to the managers room to see her father sitting at his desk, broken glass all over the floor, beer bottles everywhere.

"Dad, the doctor said to stop drinking." stated Ally, walking towards her father and yanking the bottle away from his mouth.

"You… little…bitch." groans Lester, standing from his chair, a little tipsy.

Ally sighed. She knew her father never meant that, even when he was drunk. She started to pick up the beer bottles from the desk, but Mr. Dawson shoved her a little, to stop her.

"You leave…me alone!" slurred Lester, black lines under his eyes as if he hadn't slept in days.

"You have a drinking problem dad, I can't leave you alone. You need to stop. This can kill you." exclaimed Ally, calmly, still continuing to pick the bottles up.

Once again, Mr. Dawson shoved her back, harder this time. "I said leave me the…fuck… alone… you little… bitch! You're… the reason.. I'm like…this!"

Ally stood in shock. Was he blaming her for his drinking problem? "Dad, you don't know what you're saying. I didn't do anything."

Lester groaned and rolled his eyes, as he made his way out of the room, and over to the stairs.

Ally followed behind him, and tried to stop him before he could get away again, but he grabbed her wrist, and pulled her in front of him.

In shock, again, Ally froze, as the grip on her wrist began to tighten. "Dad, stop, you're hurting me."

He ignored her plea, and gripped tighter. When he let go, he shoved her backwards, down the stairs.

Ally tumbled down the two flights of stairs, onto the hard floor, the light starting to dim in her eyes.

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Austin and Ally. All rights belong to Disney Channel.

This Has Been a DramaMama creation, Thanks for Reading! ^^