Chapter 2

Madeline P.O.V

After swimming to my room. The tears start pour down like a waterfall. They just keep coming. I stop the best I can when there is a knock on my door. It was my dad. ''Sugar can I come in'' he asks.

''I guess so'' I reply flatly

He swims in and sees my red eyes.

''Baby please forgive me''

''Why you did nothing wrong''

''Because I could have did more''

''Dad I don't want to marry him, barely know him let alone love him''

''I know sugar, call Josefine over and you don't have to go to school if you don't want to. Ok?''

''Ok and thanks, I love you''

''I love you too sugar''

My dad leaves my room,and I decide it's time to call Joe. I grab my shellphone and ring her up. ''Hey babe. Whats up?'' I hear her say, and the tears start up again. I hear her on the other line say ''what's wrong?''

''Can you come over'' is all I can get out though tears.

''Of course I'm getting ready now'' and we hang up.

I lay there feeling helpless. All I can keep thinking is how did this happen so fast. I knew i was betrothed to him since I was 12,but I didn't think it was serious. Then the unlocking of the door lets me know it's Joe. once in she locks the door back. Once Joe sees me she fastly swims to me, and puts me in her arms.''tell me, tell me what's wrong I'll fix it'' she states while holding me tightly.

''You can't fix this one Joe. trust me.''

Joe took my face gently into her hands, and claimed my lips with hers.Knowing me and my dragon would calm down.

''Now tell me what's going on''

That is when I can finally tell her about me being betrothed.

At 1st she just sits there opening and closing her mouth, trying to figure out what to say. All she can get out is ''oh I guess I can't fix that easy'' after that we just sit there. Then she grabs my hand,lays us down on my bed,and just holds me to her chest. I whimper out ''I don't want to cry again''

''Maddy cry if you need to please don't hold it in'' Joe says while stroking my hair that she took out of its bun, and thats exactly what I did.