Chapter One: The Ring

Third Person's POV

Wendy Marvel, is someone who was born with a kind heart and soul. Everyone loved the little cheerful child and they never mind if she mess up 'cause they find her accidental tripping adorable. True, she may had gotten enemies because of her sweet personality but Wendy was also someone who was born with a strong heart, whenever she makes a mistake she or gets into trouble she rather fix it on her own and not with the help of others.

Wendy was born an only child and the only person she sees like a sister to her is her pet cat Carla, Wendy never had any siblings nor she'll ever have any. Her parents died years ago when she was still very young and none of her relatives cared about her. The young girl had to work in a very young age and in the end she became a waitress in a bar at downtown of New York City. Being a child with no parents Wendy learned how to survive the city's danger the hard way and its many obstacles, being born and grown up in the city her hole life she knew the place more than anyone. Knows its very secrets, knows its very danger and more. But in the end, she got herself a life. A school girl in elementary and a hard working waitress in a bar.

Right now, she's on a bus sitting next to her best friend Selena. The school had taken its students to the museum for a field trip in history class.

"Alright children, gather around." The classes history teacher Miss Lucy called. Clearing her throat and fixing her glasses the teacher spoke again, "Today, we will be having our history lesson here in the museum. We'll be studying about modern history so you better listen carefully, 'cause after this we'll be having a quiz tomorrow."

Suddenly a face cough came from behind the young teacher.

Wendy's POV

Miss Lucy turned around and we all saw a man wearing a blue uniform behind her, he had silver white hair with a mustache. He had a tour guide sign in his hand that says follow me.

"Excuse me miss, but... I'm suppose to lead your group of students in the museum." He said.

"Oh of cores," miss Lucy responded with a nervous laugh and smile. "How could I forget? But I will be discussing about lesson for the children, right?" She asked.

"Of cores. I'll just be showing you around." The man said.

"Thank you," miss Lucy said then turned back at us. "Well children, it's time for our field trip. Follow the man as he guides us in the museum and try not to loss him." She instructed.

"Yes ma'am." The hole class responded.

Our tour started and every topic miss Lucy discuss to us was very interesting, everyone was really listen and it can be proven since... well... since Romeo and his brother Nazzer have never paid attention to any of miss Lucy's discussions. But something suddenly caught the corner of my eye... a liger? I've only read about them in the internet, they say a liger is a child of both a tiger and lioness or lion and tigress.

I got closer to the statue of the liger and saw its eyes shine a bit, that's weird. Bellow its paws was something shinny, I went under the railings and reach for it but I was caught by a guard.

"Hey!" The guard yelled.

"You shouldn't be near this statue, it's not ready to be on display." He told me.

"I-I'm sorry. I-it's just that... I've never seen a liger before." I explained, looking back at the liger.

"You were reaching something from its paws. What was it?" He asked.

I looked back at the guard and showed him my palm. The item I found was a golden ring that's shape like a liger's head, with two small rubies for eyes. The guard took it from my hand and looked closer, he gasp for a moment before giving it back to me.