part 2

after they had left the building, aj reached inside his bag and pulled out a spare jumper, which he passed to mollie. « put this on, you're shaking » she took the hoodie, pulling it over her head. it got stuck and aj attempted to pull it down over her head, they were both in fits of laughter by this point. eventually, they tugged it down and mollie sighed dramatically. aj pushed the hair out of her face and they continued up the road, unable to keep a smile off their faces.

they were so engrossed in conversation, catching up on the past few weeks that it was over half an hour before they realised they didn't have a clue where they were headed. aj stopped and looked down at mollie, « where were we going? » he asked. she opened her mouth to reply when they were approached by cameramen and what seemingly appeared to be the press. luckily it was dark so they walked off, quickly, mollie grabbed onto aj's sleeve
as they weaved in and out of crowds. it was the first time they'd been together in months and yet it was going to be ruined by the cameras and the media - they just wanted privacy.

at one point the press seemed to be right on their heels, shouting out their names. suddenly, mollie felt aj tug her into an alley off the main street. he pull her tight into his chest, so to conceal her from the cameras. she could feel him breathing heavily down on her. he rested his chin on her head « just stay here a minute, until we are sure they've gone » he whispered, « uh huh » she replied, feeling for his hand.

after about 5 minutes it seemed they'd lost them, but just to be sure they headed back up in the other direction. on the way they debated which restaurant to choose , mollie kept begging aj to try chinese food but he seemed cautious and opted for pizza. eventually of course though he gave in, rolled his eyes grinning and sighed « fine » at which point she made a little whoop and pulled aj into the nearest one.

once they had finished the meal they caught a cab back to mollie's flat. she let them in and they were greeted by alfie jumping at their heels. aj bent down to pick alfie up, he gasped « hello, you » and the dog proceeded to lick his face, to which aj shrieked and placed alfie back down. mollie was giggling at them both, when she realised just how nice it was to have him here. it felt more complete than when it was just her at home. aj picked up his things by the door and put them in the kitchen, where mollie was pouring them both a drink. she handed him the glass of wine and they sat down on the sofa.

neither if them was quite sure what they were watching, it was a foreign black and white film and they had lost track of the plot. but they could not be bothered to change it and soon mollie fell asleep in his arms, before he, too drifted off and they were both fast asleep.