Chapter 14

I clattered across the highly polished floors on the arms of my love and fiance. Given any other circumstances this would have been the happiest times of my life but as it were I straightened my spine and clutched at his muscular arms tighter. I would need all the confidence boost I could muster. Having my transparent shimmering seath torn away from my person by a starving Kian was tollerable if not forgivable. I tittered on the edge of those same stillettos. The only thing that remained from my original attire and ran a hand to smooth down a none existent crease along the silky texture of the champagne pink dress. I practically screamed out conservative as my knee length skirt revealed nothing and likewise my covered chest ...well ...remained covered.

I felt like a prude. I was dressed to represent everything I was not. But Kian had been unmoving on this account he would have my conceal myself from the eyes of all who would be present in the party. As best as I could.

I would be in the spotlight anyhow. Simply being on his arms would draw all eyes on me. I just hated that the world would see me as this uptight aristocrat. I cussed ever owning such an outfit and for ever allowing Kian to rummage through my belongings in the first place.