Fifteen

So hey! I'm going to update because im bored and have nothing better to do with life so here you go! (i've actually semi planned this chapter for once but it probably wont go how my vision went lol)

I hugged the warm cotton blankets closer to my chin as I struggled in the sleeping bag. I had never slept in one of these before, but they never looked this uncomfortable. I hated the feeling of being so enclosed, but it was far too warm and sheilding from the cold to unzip myself now. Luke had said he was going to get some fire for the morning before going to sleep, which gave me time to fake being asleep before he came into the tent.

I didn't feel awkward around Luke and hugging close to him earlier was nice and cosy, but I wasn't really sure how it would turn out sleeping so close beside him in such a small tent. I'm scared that perhaps I will snore at night or kick him somewhere whilst sleeping.

I turn onto my side, hearing the wind whistle outside the thin material of the khaki tent. To be honest, I was actually pretty scared of sleeping out here in the middle of nowehere, especially right now being alone. As much as I was nervous for Luke to return and be squashed up against me, I was actually hoping he would hurry up.

I hear footsteps outside of the tent, my heart quickly skipping a beat and pounding in my chest before I realise after hearing a loud sigh that it's only Luke. Pulling the blankets over my face and zipping my sleeping back up higher, I quickly squeeze my eyes shut together to avoid any awkward conversation.

The zip of the tent slowly unzips and I keep my eyes shut. The smell of Luke's aftershave fills the tent instantly and it's hard not to open my eyes and take it all in. He shuffles around the tent, shaking it off the ground a little and I wonder what on earth he's doing. Finally he stops and I hear a deep breath before a body is laying next to me.

I continue to face the opposite way from Luke, knowing I would be tempted to open my eyes and watch him.

"Fran?" Luke whispers. I press my lips together and close my eyes tighter, just wanting to quickly fall asleep. Although, my body lets me down when I feel a tingle in my nose and let out a sneeze.

"That was adorable," Luke says and I finally roll over and turn to face him, with a torch laying beside him which only refects enough light to see each other's faces so close together.

His perfect quiff had gone after we had gone to the lake and if I say so myself, I think I prefer him without it. I like the way his fair falls in front of his forehead and actually has a slight natural wave. Luke is still smiling at me, for some reason finding my odd noise from my sneeze cute in someway and I wasn't sure why since people tell me it's annoying.

"Are you warm enough?" Luke asks, pushing his hair which has fallen off of his forehead.

"Yeah," I shiver, a little nervous by the inches between us.

"You're shivering, here I have an idea," Luke obeserves slowly before shifting closer to me so there is no space.

I stay completely still, not really being able to move in this sleeping bag even though Luke had this effect on me anyway. His arm slides out from under the sleeping bag and around my body, pulling me closer towards him. Reluctantly I give in and stop being so stiff, leaning my head against Luke's shoulder. He was right, it was a good idea.

"Shall I turn the torch off?" Luke continues to fuss and I find it cute how concerned he is. I was happy that he was acting this way, I had a small voice at the start of this trip that Luke would annoy me by the end but he had proved me very long. All this trip was doing so far was not making me see the bad in him, but the good.

"It's fine, I'm just tired now," I speak softly, not wanting to kill the silent atmosphere. It was more calming than I thought, the trees swaying had a pretty soothing effect; it was almost more soothing than laying inches away from Luke's heart beat, but not quite.