Chapter 2

I woke up smelling the aroma of a home cooked breakfast. I smiled to myself. Mom was home. I ran downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Goodmorning, Mom!" I said, hugging her from behind.

"Goodmorning, baby. Can you set the plates on the table?" She asked politely while flipping a pancake. I did what was asked of me.

"So how was work Mom, you know you didn't have to come home and cook. I know how tired you are."

"Nonsense Zoey, I have to make sure my growing girl eats a healthy breakfast."

I smiled, setting the plates on the table and sitting down. My mom was the best mom ever. She always made sure I had everything. She was a police officer and she's literally always on duty. That's something I have gotten accustomed to over the years.

"So what did you do yesterday Zoe?" Mom, asked sitting a plate full of pancakes on the table. My mouth began to water, Mom really did make the best pancakes. I grabbed some pancakes and began munching down. Closing my eyes and savoring the taste of the buttermilk pieces.

"Honey, I asked you a question. Are you dying of starvation? Jesus, child the food isn't going anywhere!" she chuckled.

"I'm sorry, but I did the usual." I was going to mention Jaylen but I barely knew anything about him and I know my mom wouldn't approve of me talking to strangers. She was very over protective.

Jaylen.

I excused myself from the table and ran upstairs to retrieve my phone. I logged onto Kik

Jaylen Crosby
Goodmorning beautiful :), I hope you slept wonderful

I smiled at his message and replied.

Me: Goodmornin handsome (: & I slept great...

Jaylen: So what are you doing today?

Me: probably just workout & message you.. what you have planned for today?

Jaylen: so you're fit? I likes! (; but im planning on getting your #

I laughed at his response. Part of me really did want to give him my number. Unlike most people, I didn't have WiFi and phone data usage was a bitch. Why can't AT&T offer unlimited data? I debated on whether I should give him my number. I sent him a message.

Jaylen: :D I'm about to text you sweetheart

Me: OK

I logged off Kik and received a text message instantly. I've never given anyone my number off Kik before. This was all new to me. I barely knew him, but for some reason I trusted him.

Save my number as Bae (;

Me: Bae? boy you wish! your name is The Guy From Kik in my contacts.

The Guy From Kik: so it's like that Sweetheart? im going to change your name to The Bae Kylie from Kik

I stared at his message. My pulse began to quicken. I forgot that my name on Kik was Kylie. He actually thought my name was Kylie. I needed to tell him the truth. I couldn't base our friendship on a lie. I'll just tell him when the time is right.

Me: yeah yeah whatever, wyd?

The Guy From Kik: the best sport in the world, channel surfing wyd?

Me: lol, just finished breakfast, laying in bed I might take a nap. I always fall asleep after eating. ALWAYS!

The Guy From Kik: I bet you look so beautiful when you're sleeping, resembling a fallen angel

Jaylen just stole my breath away from me. He had such a way with words. I smiled so damn hard that my cheeks began to burn. I did the most girliest laugh ever and thanked the Universe for sending me him.

Me: awwwwwww that's sweet, but honestly im ugly sleeping, I snore, I slob & I move everywhere.

The Guy From Kik: lol, that's okay sweetheart, I wouldn't mind having you sleeping next to me at all

He was being extremely sweet that I went to edit his contact and changed his name to Sweet Jaylen . Yes, I know it's cheesy, but I think it fits him perfectly.

I was being so open towards him. Telling him the most embarrassing things about me, and he didn't judge me at all and I really liked that about him.

Jaylen and I continued to talk all day. I'm starting to think he will become an important person in my life. Hopefully.