Chapter 4

Zoey

After riding around listening to my favorite type of music, we arrived at the park. No one was there. I guess we had the place to ourselves, which made me extremely nervous.

Do not sweat out your shirt. Do not sweat out your shirt.

"So you want to walk around a little bit?" He asked me as he opened the door to my side of the car. I nodded my head, to afraid to speak because I would sound completely and utterly ridiculous.

I looked around the park, nothing has changed at all. The park brought back memories of the times my mom and I use to go to the park. We would go every Sunday and play for hours. Sometimes, I really do miss those days.

"You ever been to this park before Kylie?"

I smiled and nodded. "I actually use to come here a lot with my mom before she started working extra shifts. I miss her. I mean those days. You ever been here before?"

Oh my gosh Zoey! Get it together, of course he's been here before. He drove you guys here.

The small smile on his face disappeared and his jaw muscles tightened. "Um, yeah I've been here before. Wanna go on the swings?"

"Sure." Why did his mood change so quickly? Was it something I said? I could be a real idiot sometimes. I hope I don't run him away. I actually like him.

We walked to the swings in silence, not saying a word. I wanted to break the silence. But what could I say? I always end up saying the wrong things. I think it's best for me to keep quiet. As we approached the swings, he turned towards me and smiled, "You know you're pushing me right?"

I laughed, he had to be kidding. He sat down on the swing and motioned for me to come over. "Come push me." He sounded like a little kid, so eager and ready to play.

I walked behind him and tried to push him. Key word. TRIED. "Damn, you're so heavy! Where is all this weight you're hiding?"

"I'm not heavy, you're just weak sweetheart."

"And you're strong? How about you push me Superman?"

He jumped up from the swing. "No problem, Lois."

I smiled and sat on the swing, "Don't push me so hard, that I turn into Inside Out Girl."

He laughed. It was the most precious sound to my ears. How could a laugh be so damn sexy?

"You don't have to worry about that. You're in good hands. Get ready." I grabbed onto the swing as he pushed me. I didn't swing my legs at all, I thought it would be more fun if he did all the work.

"So are you the only child?" I asked, hoping I wasn't asking a question too personal.

"Yeah, you?"

"Yeahp, sometimes I wish I had a bus full of little brothers and sisters. It gets lonely."

"Yeah I know exactly what you mean."

We were there in silence. Not like the silence in the car but a comfortable silence. It was okay for us to not talk. And I was absolutely fine with it.

"So does your Mom know where you are?" He asked, breaking the silence between us. He was now sitting in the swing next to me.

"No, she actually doesn't. What she doesn't know won't hurt me." I offered him a weak smile. He shook his head and chuckled.

"You know for a good girl. You talk a lot of shit."

"Who said I was a good girl?" I winked at him. I actually winked at him.

Where the hell was I getting all this confidence from?

"Wanna go get something to eat? I know you're hungry weakling." Jaylen jumped up from the swings and reached for my hand.

"I'm hungry but I'm definitely not a weakling, weakling." I grabbed his hand and we walked towards the car. Maybe this won't be a horrible date after all.