Chapter 3

It is 8am sharp and everyone is sat in their school seats. Well, with the exception of the cocky popular students who are sat on top of their desks, as if to prove they are top of the food chain.

I look around the class to find luke is missing from his seat. I tap on Ashton's shoulder and ask him if he knows where luke is. "I'm not sure, he never misses school" he whispers back. So luke decided not to show up? About right too.

....

"Hey, Lucy" Ashton runs up beside me and grasps my shoulder. "Hey Ash-uhh, Ashton" I correct myself. My cheeks blush and I look up to see Ashton with a he grin on his face. "What up with you?" I chuckle. "Nothing" he looks down at his feet. "I like it when you call me Ash" he giggles then he fast-pace walks away. He's so darn adorable.

I catch up with him; "you're a hoot" I giggle and nudge his arm. He laughs likes little school girl and he walks me home. "See you tomorrow Ash" I smile, remembering the fact he likes it when I call him Ash. He sways and waves goodbye.

I plod up my driveway and I notice my dad's car isn't parked in its usual spot. He must be working late again so that he can keep up with all the bills. I stick my house keys into the keyhole and twist the key slowly. Something feels odd. I jolt the door open and cautiously walk into the kitchen. There's a post-it on the fridge.

Lucy,

I'm going to be working late today, dinners in the fridge, make sure to eat before you do your homework.

Love you, dad. xx

Great another meal to eat alone. I stroll into my living room and slump down on the sofa and switch the tv on. As I stare blankly at the tv my mind trails off to Ashton and his award-winning smile and perfect skin and green eyes. I'm not sure I would say I have a 'crush' on him. I've only known him for a few days, the word sounds too strong. However, my first sight of him made me momentarily breathless, and everytime he touches me my heart flutters. Maybe I can say I have a crush on him. A little crush.

I switch the channel over, "No, switch it back to nickelodeon!" I hear someone yell. I jump out of my skin look cautiously over my house, clutching a pillow and bringing it to my stomach as if to protect my vital organs if I was to get stabbed. I shake uncontrollably and sit hunched up in terror. Who's in my house? I reach for my phone and text Calum

Me: Calum I think someone's in my house!

He replies almost instantly

Calum: Get out of there as soon as possible, come mine.

I grab my bag and head to the door hastily. Just as I was to make my way out of the door a hand (probably my rapists) slams the door in my face. I shut my eyes tight, my berth shaky. "Lucy, what the fuck?" The voice sounds similar. I hesitantly open my eyes.

I open one eye to find like standing there biting his lip ring. "LUKE!? NO NO, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?"I scream. What the hell does he think he's doing in my house? How did he get in here? I hope he knows you can't really make your way into someone's house without them knowing. He sticks his arms in front of him for protection. Weak. I'm not going to hit him. "Get out" I simply say. "No. No, I won't, Lucy" "Luke, in all seriousness, you're a dick, get out of my house before I call the police" he walks over to the house phone and places it into my hand. "Go ahead" he winks. What the hell is his game? How do I play?

"Huh." I sigh, I think I've figured it. He wants me to hate him for some reason. I place the phone back into his chest and stand with my arms cross trying to figure him out. He stands there overly confident, am I not intimidating him? I guess it's hard seeing as I'm 5'3 and a girl, no sexism intended, just, I'm not really scary. "What do you want with me?" I spit at last. "A date" he grins. A date? My heart thumps out of my chest. Oh god. "Luke, no" I reply shakily. I can't have him take advantage of me.

"Lucy, if you don't let me take you on a date I will continue stalking you and turn up in your house un invited. One date. Give me a chance, promise me" he pleads. Something in his eyes tell me I should trust him but my gut says he will just rip my heart into shreds. "One date and you will stop stalking me?" I ask to make sure, "yep". Well, I guess it's a win-win; he will stop stalking me and in all honesty, something about him intrigues me. Maybe it's the mystery..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for any mistakes. I was busy and had little time to update but aye, I did it at last.