Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Pathetic.

Human.

Useless.

That's what they called me.

Why? You ask.

Because I'm not a shifter. Well not yet anyways. I'm 17 years old, turning 18 in 5 days and I've still not shifted into my wolf. Original werewolves should shift once they hit 16, but I didn't. Yet. Sometimes I just think that I'm not even a werewolf. But both my parents are.. My older brother Jake has already shifted.. So I am a werewolf too, right?

My parents would sometimes talk to me about mates, and how precious they are. You would get to feel the attraction towards your mate when you turn 18. And for me, that's in 5 days. But I haven't shifted yet, so does that mean I wouldn't feel my 'mate'?

My mum and dad are mates, and I could see by the way they looked at each other that they were so in love. I wish I could meet my mate someday, having someone who loved you for you and would care for you and protect you. BUT I already have a liking to someone else..

Him.

Alpha Edan.

He was the one that I have had an obsession with for years. I wouldn't so much call it an obsession, more like a HUGE crush.

Seeing as his parents and mine were close friends, that made me have to stay with them at the humongous pack house. Don't get me wrong the pack house is a pretty cool place, but It's not a place you'd want to stay at all the time. Especially me, most of the pack hates me. Why? I'm pathetic that's why. I haven't shifted yet so they think it's okay to bully me. Yep you read right. bully. And do my parents know about this? No. Does alpha Edan know about this? No. because they always find a way to make it seem as though they're helping me, rather than bullying me every time they walk past us.Plus most of them threatened me, saying that if I told anyone about me getting bullied by them, that they'll make my life even more shit than it is.

On a better note, living at the pack house also has its advantages. seeing Edan everyday is more than just plain awesome. Yep, awesome. You're probably wondering how long I've liked him for.. Well.. Seeing as I'm 17 now, that would mean for 4 year. I mean he is good looking, MOORE than good looking actually, and he's adorably cute as well! And how he smiles at me whenever he sees me and hardly smiles at anyone else just makes me happy. Or how his intoxicating but beautiful smell calms me down. But I guess it's just the way that he always keeps to himself and is very quiet that makes me drawn to him. I dunno, I guess I'm just weird but who cares. Alpha Edan is perfect.

I was walking down one of the massive hallways in the pack house when I suddenly felt someone harshly grab my right hand and push me against the wall with force.

"G-get off me" I stuttered, getting scared all of a sudden.

"You don't really think I'll do that do you?"

And that's when I realised who it was.

Lindsey.

The bitch who bullied me nearly all my life.

"Aww Mia, don't cry. I'm only going to cause you SOME scratches."

After that sentence I realised that I was indeed crying, from how scared I was. I tried screaming but she said that everyone in the house was gone, that they all had gone out so no one could hear me. She brutally beat me, head to toe. She slapped my face so much that I could feel the sting of it even after 2 minutes. She kicked and pinched my chest, leaving me in bruises. The more tears I cried, the more she beat me. And the worst thing is that I let her beat me like this.