PROLOGUE

The Ancient town Of Salem December 18, 1751
11:50 P.M

It was in the year 1751, on a cold winter’s night a fog as thick as wool and dark as a dead man’s hand crept up from the River Scrogg into the ancient town of Salem.  The fog settled like an icy shroud over the town, filling the mud clogged streets and crooked lanes from Eastgate to Priesttown from Three Deaths quay upon the decaying river banks to Saint Christ’s Cathedral by the town center.  It heightened the stench of the large mysterious hole someone fell into just this morning, the rotten hay around town smelled like vinegary wine and rancid ale.  The smell and the fog muffled the sound of the pealing church bells calling the weary faithful for apprehensive prayers for the bad times ahead. Since the development of the town of Salem the town’s people has been wondering why hasn’t anyone live in these areas even thou it has good farming land but they didn’t find this out until December 18, 1751.  The darkened mist has flooded the town like an overflown river finding its path of destruction, leaving everyone wondering why is the mist so black on exactly the same day someone fell into a large mysterious hole that no one knew about. It was nearly midnight some men were coming from the Dead Ducklings bar when one of them heard some sort of eerie growling coming from the direction where the hole was located.

“Did you hear that guys?” one of the men asked in troubled tone.
“No, maybe you are just imagining that you are hearing something.” They responded
“Maybe just maybe” answered the first man feeling relieved.

But as they laughed at what they thought was joke they all then heard the same eerie, guttural sound from deep within the darkening, mysterious mist.

“Please tell me you all heard that?” asked the first man with sweat flowing down his brow even though the night was cold.
“Yes” answered the other men shivering to the noise itself
“we surely heard that.” 

"What do you think it is?” asked the youngest man of the group, fear written all over his face.
“I don’t know but I think it came from that mysterious hole Mr. Smith fell into this morning.” said another person.
“Let’s go check what is making that sound immediately men maybe we will solve the town’s new mystery.” said the oldest of the men.

Every one of the other men looked at him as if he was either crazy or drunk but they could not see either so they all came to the conclusion that he was very serious about what he just said. 
As they took a few minutes to speculate on whether or not they should go it was finally decided on that it would be best for everyone within the town of Salem but little did they know it is just the worst.
The group of six men quietly made their way through the mud and dark mist towards the feared ground of the large hole not knowing that within that mist creatures which have been asleep has now awaken their selves and is now watching their every move hungry for the blood within them that has not touched their tongues for nearly four centuries.  As the six men came upon the large hole a pungent scent rose up from it to meet them but that didn’t steer them from solving the new mystery.

As they knelt to take a look at what might be making everyone uneasy about this mysterious hole but as they did that they just simply became the first blood tasted by the creatures for so long.  Although most of the town people were asleep at the time they all awoke because of the bloody scream made by the group of six men who went to investigate the hole; they were one by one decapitated and drained of their blood until not even an ounce was left to be drank by these dark creatures but then their new meals started to arrive.

  The town people swarmed out of their houses and ran towards the direction from which the scream have been heard coming from.  As they arrive at the site of the sickening massacre they couldn’t believe what they saw.  The wives and children of these men wailed of what had happened to their husbands and fathers but little did they know that by doing so they just stirred up the blood thirst of the dark creatures once again.   Then in the blink of an eye it started to happen; the creatures came down on the town’s people like a flood they didn’t know was coming towards them.  They were shocked when the creatures attacked but none could not find a way to escape. Many of the town’s people were decapitated, others gutted while others’ throats were slit until there was none left for the dark creature to kill and drink from. 

The creatures then howled a howl which seems as if they were laughing at what has transpired during the night of their awakening after nearly four centuries long of sleep.  They had feasted on the blood of their many victims, a feast they have never had in all their lifetimes and then after celebrating their great kill they mysteriously disappeared; taking the town of Salem with them